JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Given the state of domestic political events, possible changes in the social climate in the USA and the potential for international conflicts, what suggestions do the board members have for preparations? Purchases, home supplies, financial investments, networking, etc., Thanks. tkdguy

If ya beat that there dead horse enough , you will have some tender lunch meat LOL!

As for the OP , I don't think you will have to change your prepping direction too much.
Maybe have a stronger emphasis on AR , AK parts or rifles and "High Capacity" magazines.,

Having enough of what works for you and a bit laid in to last awhile is always good to do.
I always would suggest having a solid working plan for where you live first , before buying anything.
Just because what could happen to me and mine where I live may be different for you if SHTF.
Andy

If you are not mechanically incluned, like me, make sure you have a good friend in your favorite gunsmith... Be sure to have a supply of his favorite liquor and smokes...

Cause when you need some work done, your gonna need to wine and dine 'em...

If ya beat that there dead horse enough , you will have some tender lunch meat LOL!

As for the OP , I don't think you will have to change your prepping direction too much.
Maybe have a stronger emphasis on AR , AK parts or rifles and "High Capacity" magazines.,

Having enough of what works for you and a bit laid in to last awhile is always good to do.
I always would suggest having a solid working plan for where you live first , before buying anything.
Just because what could happen to me and mine where I live may be different for you if SHTF.
Andy

I have two AR's Colt LE 6920 and two basic spare parts kits. These are low use rifles. What other critical parts are needed. Under normal use I'd think I'd need nothing. What are your thoughts?

I have two AR's Colt LE 6920 and two basic spare parts kits. These are low use rifles. What other critical parts are needed. Under normal use I'd think I'd need nothing. What are your thoughts?
Sounds like you have the rifle and and spare parts taken care of.

Again I ask do you have a plan?
Having all the food, ammo , guns , supplies etc ...Won't do you any good if you don't have a plan to survive.
Are you bugging in or out?
Do you have a reliable vehicle and gas?
Water , heating and shelter ... How are you set for those?
Food stocks?
What is plan for getting to your house or supplies if SHTF and you aren't near home?
Is your plan based on reality? Not some "Mad Max Road Warrior" fantasy.
How is you health?

The list for questions and answers for the OP can be endless.
I think the most important attribute for a prepper is adaptability.
Being able to "roll with the punches" and not being stuck in one mindset , is to me far more important than whatever items you have on hand.
Andy

There is a lot of overlap when it comes to prepping for different scenarios. Whether it's social-economic collapse, plague, government repression, natural calamity, alien invasion, or zombie apocalypse there are constants. You need water, food, guns & ammo, a safe place to hunker down, and a place to bug out to if option #1 becomes unviable. Those are the core basics.
A few years ago the director of the CDC was quoted as saying "if you're prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse then you're prepared for them all," or words to that effect. So, choose your favorite end of the world scenario, prepare well for it, and that should more or less have you covered if it turns out that someone else's pet calamity turns out to be the One. Good luck!

Let's see now. From my foil hat websites the breakdown of the next year will be as follows:
Hildabeast wins- war, financial collapse, we're effed
Trump wins- financial collapse, war, we're effed
Pick your own scenario and prepare the best you can for you and yours.
Carry on and good luck to all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads