JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep a list of information of the guns that I have in a file, but I dont worry about the receipt if from a private party. I like having guns that are not traceable to me, but with that
said, I have no problem giving my information to anyone that wants it when I buy or sell a gun. Since there is no registry, no worries.

Hey all, in a couple of weeks I'll be on the lookout for a 9mm and want to buy FTF from a fellow board member as I'd feel better about a private purchase because I don't need the men in black knowing what I own. I often go to my fathers ranch and we like to do a little shooting and I'd obviously take my new to me pistol.

Let's say I get pulled over and the police officer sees that there is a handgun box in the back of the jeep and asks to see it (I'm not going to say no, don't want any trouble). Can the officer take it because I choose not to register it? For all he/she knows I could have stolen it. The reason I ask is because a few years back someone broke into my dads place while they were on vacation and stole a number of things including a s&w 9mm that he purchased through a private sale. My dad reported the robbery and about a week later the guy was caught and my dad was asked to come and collect his items. He got most everything back with the exception of some money and the pistol. They showed him the pistol and he confirmed it was his but the wouldnt give it to him because they said it wasn't registered. Were they correct in this?

Dan

The answer is no he could not seize your weapon as there is no requirement in Oregon that you "Register" your firearms. The story that it was not registered it total BS - I repeat there is No requirement Under Oregon Law that requires you to register a firearm.That is just a urban myth that has gone on for years. The same as No you cannot get a ticket for driving barefoot !.

Your Dad's firearm should have been returned to him without any question. I suggest your Dad return to the Police dept and ask them where that firearm is ? The Officer would check the serial # of the firearm thru LEDS/NCIC -if it showed clear - he would have no legal reason to seize it.

Google saves everything right down to the keystrokes you do on a google search. A murder case in California used google searches by the husband to prosecute the killing of the guys wife.

So when Government thinks they need something google provides.

Google saves everything right down to the keystrokes you do on a google search. A murder case in California used google searches by the husband to prosecute the killing of the guys wife.

So when Government thinks they need something google provides.

Ah. Government.

I'm just pointing out another example where "evil corporation behavior" is enabled and encouraged by government. This can usually be found any time some company is being evil.

Off to see what Google searches will get me a murder rap.

ETA: This case?
http://www.crn.com/news/channel-pro...;jsessionid=dQ-5Lje6Ox1mxXSZXvIDhQ**.ecappj01

Because it says the history on his computer showed the searches. Google did not provide the information in this case.

Your Dad's firearm should have been returned to him without any question. I suggest your Dad return to the Police dept and ask them where that firearm is ? The Officer would check the serial # of the firearm thru LEDS/NCIC -if it showed clear - he would have no legal reason to seize it.

Not any more, at least down south. It seems any seized firearm can be retained and never returned.

This is a from an Appeal from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana dated March 12, 2012.
no Second Amendment violation when plaintiff’s firearm was not returned after court dismissed criminal charge...

Its an interesting read, if you can manage the legalese.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/11/11-30198-CV0.wpd.pdf

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads