Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cub Scout Family Camp and Cook-Off

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gunner69, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

So this past weekend we had our Annual Cub Scout Family Camp and 1st Annual cook-off between myself and another Scout parent who smokes...

I graciously let him pick what he wanted to cook 1st with the understanding that we would not duplicate protiens.

I ended up doing 3 racks of BB's and a couple Boneless Pork Butts that I pulled. I also did a D/O Peach Cobbler...

After my last Butt Smoke I was anticipating ~14hrs worth of cook time maybe longer as it was supposed to get quite cold Fri. night.. Dinner was at 6 so I tossed my Butts in at around 2:30am to allow enough time for cooking/resting and time to get it all pulled before 18 hungry Scouts and their familes descended on our campsite.

The other father did a cross rib roast, Brisket and some chicken....

DSC_0244.jpg
    The Ribs all rised and ready to get rubbed down. I thought I had a couple shots of them rubbed prior to going into the plastic wrap but can't find them.

DSC_0245.jpg
    One Butt rubbed in Ron's Hint of Houston.... OBTW Ron I'm gonna be tossing another order in next week I'm down to the last of that 5lb'r I got from you.

DSC_0246.jpg
    The other butt rubbed up in Kirklands Sweet Mesquite... I really like the way these two rubs go together when pulled and mixed together with a little apple cider and my Cherry/Chipotle sauce.

DSC_0247.jpg
    All rubbed up on Thurs. night and into the fridge for some marinating love until late Fri. night/Sat. morning.

DSC_0248.jpg
    Yours truly can't remember what I was cooking on the camp stove might have been brats as this was before I fired the smoker up.

DSC_0319.jpg
    6pm give or take a couple minutes.. Table is set with lots of goodness.. Couple Pasta Salads, lots of fruit, all the proteins.. was quite a spread.

DSC_0316.jpg
    The Meat....Left to Right...
    DSC_0324.jpg
    D/O has Beef Cross Rib Roast and Brisket cooked for about 6 1/2 hours over mesquite in a Charbroil...
    DSC_0323.jpg
    Pan full of pulled pork and BB's... Total cook time was right at 14hrs over Hickory....
    DSC_0322.jpg
    Close up of the BB's
    DSC_0326.jpg
    Chicken cooked with the beef over mesquite.

DSC_0325.jpg
    And for dessert D/O Peach Cobbler smoked over Cherry wood. There were actually a couple people that were scrapping the bottom of the D/O to get that last pieces of cobbler out of it.

2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Dammit!! Where's my drool bucket??!!??

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Wow suddenly I'm hungry for BBQ'd meat!