JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this past weekend we had our Annual Cub Scout Family Camp and 1st Annual cook-off between myself and another Scout parent who smokes...

I graciously let him pick what he wanted to cook 1st with the understanding that we would not duplicate protiens.

I ended up doing 3 racks of BB's and a couple Boneless Pork Butts that I pulled. I also did a D/O Peach Cobbler...

After my last Butt Smoke I was anticipating ~14hrs worth of cook time maybe longer as it was supposed to get quite cold Fri. night.. Dinner was at 6 so I tossed my Butts in at around 2:30am to allow enough time for cooking/resting and time to get it all pulled before 18 hungry Scouts and their familes descended on our campsite.

The other father did a cross rib roast, Brisket and some chicken....

DSC_0244.jpg
The Ribs all rised and ready to get rubbed down. I thought I had a couple shots of them rubbed prior to going into the plastic wrap but can't find them.

DSC_0245.jpg
One Butt rubbed in Ron's Hint of Houston.... OBTW Ron I'm gonna be tossing another order in next week I'm down to the last of that 5lb'r I got from you.

DSC_0246.jpg
The other butt rubbed up in Kirklands Sweet Mesquite... I really like the way these two rubs go together when pulled and mixed together with a little apple cider and my Cherry/Chipotle sauce.

DSC_0247.jpg
All rubbed up on Thurs. night and into the fridge for some marinating love until late Fri. night/Sat. morning.

DSC_0248.jpg
Yours truly can't remember what I was cooking on the camp stove might have been brats as this was before I fired the smoker up.

DSC_0319.jpg
6pm give or take a couple minutes.. Table is set with lots of goodness.. Couple Pasta Salads, lots of fruit, all the proteins.. was quite a spread.

DSC_0316.jpg
The Meat....Left to Right...
DSC_0324.jpg
D/O has Beef Cross Rib Roast and Brisket cooked for about 6 1/2 hours over mesquite in a Charbroil...
DSC_0323.jpg
Pan full of pulled pork and BB's... Total cook time was right at 14hrs over Hickory....
DSC_0322.jpg
Close up of the BB's
DSC_0326.jpg
Chicken cooked with the beef over mesquite.

DSC_0325.jpg
And for dessert D/O Peach Cobbler smoked over Cherry wood. There were actually a couple people that were scrapping the bottom of the D/O to get that last pieces of cobbler out of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top