JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A Mod should consider merging the two threads.

Until then I'll cross post...

"Reality"
is real tough for many people. I don't mean this as a slam on anyone because I don't believe that some people understand this about themselves.
There has been and always will be evil, darkness, and crazy people in society, and no amount of laws, and legislative actions will stop such things.
Force against such things will temper it, but even this will not STOP such evil people.
There is risk just living in a society full of people, as there is risk living in the outback of Alaska where people are scarce and even absent.
People need to face the reality of life itself. There is risk, and there are ways to minimize the risk.
The more law abiding citizens who are armed, the less the risk.
We live in dark times, times that will in fact become darker.
We need to be in the business of pushing back the darkness, or it will overwhelm us.
Giving up even more of our in rights inalienable, and others in exchange for some false Utopian belief that the "GOVERNMENT" will protect us from all evils is a falsehood... A falsehood in spades.

We could start with ending political correctness. All it does is cover the truth. You can sugar coat a turd its still a turd.

Correction, EarlierI meant to say "Omniscient" not "Prescient".

I think that since people have misused religion, for example the Crusades and other bad things

It may be that a careful unbiased study would show that the Crusades were more in the way of self defense than religious offense. But the people involved in those many wars were hardly Christian, by my reading of scripture. The muslims took Jerusalem by force first, unless I'm wrong. If it was right for them to invade Jerusalem it was right for European Catholics to try to reclaim it. I said "IF". I see no justification for muslims to invade Jerusalem, but it seems to me that to say the Crusades were wrong is to say that they had no justification to take it back.

Wow, coming from a person convinced of his own moral superiority because of his shared beliefs with 1 billion other ignoramuses

Just for the record, that is how you debate, by calling people names? I didn't call you any names, did I?

There's also a little something called "evidence", i.e. your "God" has never, ever talked to anyone or shown up to demonstrate his omnipotence,

Just because you call Moses and many others liars. I think you might be surprised at how carefully those old Jewish believers guarded their honor and their honest reports. Many breaches of the ten Commandments resulted in stoning. So they were liars by your reckoning huh? I really feel sorry for you, you have no evidence that there is no God, do you? To know that you would have to be omniscient, I suspect that you aren't, because if you were YOU would have to be god. (smile)
Also, please show me where I have ever declared my own moral superiority! I am only a sinner saved by God's grace, because the love of God moved Him to send His Son Jesus to die to pay the price for my ugly sins. I can say this though without any doubt at all, every other human being is also a sinner. Comparing my sins with yours or anyone else's is silly, to even have hateful thoughts about another person is the same thing as murder in God's eyes. Even one sin is justification for eternal separation from Him.

But my point is about what reasonable people would call a moral compass. Where do people get their ideas about right and wrong? How about punishment? My premise is that if people have been deluded into thinking they won't have to stand before God in judgement they are much more likely to do things like the shooting today. I'm no rocket scientist but I know that much. After I wrote my first post on this I saw Mike Huckabee on TV say the same thing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads