JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Radio news update:

20 kids killed, 6 staff members killed, shooter is dead, 1 dead at the shooter's residence believed to be the shooter's father.

Shooter's mother was a kindergarten teacher and was one of the school staff fatalities .

WTH would cause a person to kill his parents AND innocent bystanders too?

All the people who don't believe there is a judgement day coming will deny this, but I think one of the reasons these things happen much more often than they did a generation ago is because people then, on average, believed they would have to face an angry God someday. The people who do these things will face Him, but they choose to not believe it, and this happens. This is the result of taking the Ten Commandments down, and ending prayer in schools.

Freedom can only exist if the recipients of it treat it with respect and responsibility. If people believe there is no God there really isn't any good reason to not cause mass murders.

In my opinion the people who love guns would never commit any acts that deprive all of us our rights, even if they are atheists or agnostics. They would choose some other means to do their dirty work. To that extent they have another motivation besides approaching judgement to not use a gun that way. (That is an argument in favor of gun enthusiasts retaining gun rights)

I think it is very complicated, but these things occur for reasons, and I believe that the things I mentioned above are reasons that effect the number of these things happening. A Christian who is depressed is much less likely to commit suicide, for instance.

Lets face it, with all the ignorance in this country, with Mr. Obama as president, with knee jerk bandaid "fixes" being their way of "solving" every "crisis", we will lose gun rights. It will probably be limited at first, an extended magazine ban, the manufacture and marketing of "assault" rifles, limits to the number of rounds we can purchase, things like that. The real losers will be the little ones, by the time they are adults there won't be much left of the second amendment. That's my prediction.

And, of course, evil men and women will still use guns.

I'm sorry.

All the people who don't believe there is a judgement day coming will deny this, but I think one of the reasons these things happen much more often than they did a generation ago is because people then, on average, believed they would have to face an angry God someday. The people who do these things will face Him, but they choose to not believe it, and this happens. This is the result of taking the Ten Commandments down, and ending prayer in schools.

Freedom can only exist if the recipients of it treat it with respect and responsibility. If people believe there is no God there really isn't any good reason to not cause mass murders.

In my opinion the people who love guns would never commit any acts that deprive all of us our rights, even if they are atheists or agnostics. They would choose some other means to do their dirty work. To that extent they have another motivation besides approaching judgement to not use a gun that way. (That is an argument in favor of gun enthusiasts retaining gun rights)

I think it is very complicated, but these things occur for reasons, and I believe that what I said above are reasons that effect the number of these things happening. A Christian who is depressed is much less likely to commit suicide, for instance.

Lets face it, with all the ignorance in this country, with Mr. Obama as president, with knee jerk bandaid "fixes" being their way of "solving" every "crisis", we will lose gun rights. It will probably be limited at first, an extended magazine ban, the manufacture and marketing of "assault" rifles, limits to the number of rounds we can purchase, things like that. The real losers will be the little ones, by the time they are adults there won't be much left of the second amendment. That's my prediction.

And, of course, evil men and women will still use guns.

I'm sorry.

I'm hoping I draw either Santa or the Easter Bunny for judgement. Going with Trial by Combat too...pretty sure I can whup Santa and I know I can take the Easter Bunny down.

This is not the act of a sane or person. The way we identify and treat mentally ill patients has more to do with it coupled with the amoral way people are being raised than any gun.

Gotta love your casual smear of anyone who doesn't share your beliefs based on a fictional storybook.

Well, perhaps you are religious, because you assume you know everything, since you seem to be saying there is no God. How can you know that? Prescience is a term reserved for God, and you know there is no God? Because in your mind you are god? You worship yourself I guess. Atheism is nothing beyond a declaration of prescience, therefore godhood.

I prefer to worship that One who has truly shown Himself all knowing.

You may have missed the point, which was Mass shootings. I'm pretty sure it's a modern development, other than criminal shootings like the Valentines day massacre.

Killing sprees are not new. They peaked right before the internet bubble, fell during the bubble, and popped back up during the "great recession".

Events like this are not tied to gun ownership or gun availability. They are directly related to the economy, mental illness, and general feelings of hopelessness. The guy in Clackamas had his entire life fall apart and felt that if he was going out, he was taking people with him.

I imagine it will be the same story with the kid in CT. The sad part is these kids are in their prime, and should be having the time of their lives. Instead they strap up, and go out to slaughter unarmed bystanders. The fact this guy actually chose to slaughter children is, quite honestly, unfathomable. I still don't think the reality of the situation has fully dawned on me. With that said however, I understand far more servicemen have been maimed and murdered in the name of our freedoms. I believe it to be a tragedy that we would so callously disregard THEIR sacrifice. It's the 2nd amendment right that states we have the right to bear arms that allows us to continue to remain a democratic society. If you denigrate the 2nd amendment to the point of further restricting firearms, the people will never have the capability to stand up and fight against tyranny should the need ever arise. People are complacent and believe they have nothing to fear. They do though. They really, really do. What better way to destroy a nation than to train a few individuals to go on killing sprees, get the populous to restrict it's ownership of guns and then attack or take control of the government from the inside? This isn't conspiracy, it's strategy. Firearms owernship is listed in our constitution second ONLY to FREEDOM. There's a clear reason for that.

So long as you have large groups of undefended people, you will have a recipe for slaughter. School, mall, theater. As an aside, when was the last time you heart of a shooting spree in a police station?

what is an ultra-religious ? somebody that believes in the in their religious teachings? if people adhered to the ten commandments do you think it would be a better world?. or do you think that the lack of religion would spawn a better world.

Well, perhaps you are religious, because you assume you know everything, since you seem to be saying there is no God. How can you know that? Prescience is a term reserved for God, and you know there is no God? Because in your mind you are god? You worship yourself I guess. Atheism is nothing beyond a declaration of prescience, therefore godhood.

I prefer to worship that One who has truly shown Himself all knowing.

Wow, coming from a person convinced of his own moral superiority because of his shared beliefs with 1 billion other ignoramuses, this is utterly brilliant satire.

There's also a little something called "evidence", i.e. your "God" has never, ever talked to anyone or shown up to demonstrate his omnipotence, except maybe in the minds of various schizophrenics and charlatans. But hey, whatever makes you happy.

what is an ultra-religious ? somebody that believes in the in their religious teachings? if people adhered to the ten commandments do you think it would be a better world?. or do you think that the lack of religion would spawn a better world.
I think that since people have misused religion, for example the Crusades and other bad things, that some throw out the baby with the bath water and assume (hmm, like anti gunners???) that all must be bad and has caused all of the ill of the world. Sad state to be in though, at least I think it would be.

We need only one rule, one law. It's called the golden rule. If everyone followed it, we would all be peachy.

There's nothing wrong with being ultra-religious. I have several friends who are (sigh). The chaffing comes from those who are fundamentalists and believe that their beliefs supersede another individuals personal freedom.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top