Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CT firearms examiner had this to say:

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Jamie6.5, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

1-9e12d1dffe.jpg
    2-d344db6e4c.jpg

Mods: If this doesn't qualify for legal and political, I'll post it in off topic.
    Or go ahead and move it.

2. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................very refreshing, someone with some "Common Sense!" Pretty rare up in that part of the country among politicians.

3. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

He will probably get canned for this, but good for him.

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Indeed, he is probably looking at a surprise retirement. Another sad commentary on the times we live in when you must be courageous indeed to tell the truth. Thank you, Sir!

5. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I like the contents of this letter, but I hate to throw gasoline on the fire. This letter is not dated, no inside address to a particular figure, and it is unsigned. It has very little utility as "documentary evidence" and actually, because of the missing crediable elements, would easily raise skeptism from the antigun establishment. Can some one contact this writer and have the letter redrafted to incorporate the important elements?

6. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Forensic scientist at Newtown hearing slams assault weapons ban | The Daily Caller

7. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

8. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

Not only that, but, Newton Conn education officials have requested MORE ARMED police presence in schools.

9. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

A few armed teachers and staff members wouldn't hurt either.

1 person likes this.
  10. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Not trying to sound all tin foil hat-tish, but I hope Marshall K. Robinson doesn't get into an 'auto accident' in the next two weeks.

SF-

1 person likes this.
  11. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

This thread and the one by the parent speaking to the CT legislative committee in another thread really shows that the people who are elected to examine the facts and propose and pass intelligent legislation aren't looking at facts and aren't thinking things through. I wish a Congressional rep or senator would stand up and just say "Wait a doggone minute. First, let's define what the problem is. Then let's determine the facts and get them on record. Then let's propose some solutions and debate them." If they did this I bet the vast majority of the "fixes" would have little or nothing to do with magazine capacity or type of gun.

12. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Nice snag, thank you for posting. The .PDF of the original is downloadable here: Scribd

A particular favorite was the part regarding the bayonet lugs. :thumbup:

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Playing into people's irrational emotions sways public opinions and gets laws enacted, not facts or statistics.

1 person likes this.