JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody been here lately? I think it's a MccMenamin owned and I know the Troutdale location wands....

Probably going to Uber. I wouldn't leave a urinal in the area and surely Not my Vehicle so going back to car is not an option..

Club security are mostly rank ametuers. If they wand you, palm your (small) weapon with your wallet over it when you lift your arms, they wand from the wrist down if you have on long sleeves, or wear a big metal belt-buckle and keep it behind that. They won't pat you down.

Club security are mostly rank ametuers. If they wand you, palm your (small) weapon with your wallet over it when you lift your arms, they wand from the wrist down if you have on long sleeves, or wear a big metal belt-buckle and keep it behind that. They won't pat you down.
Have friends in the event business and when we were talking 'security services' I was told that "to be realistic, we are renting a T-shirt not trained security." Was at an event a couple of weeks ago and worked behind the tables. The security consisted of a couple of fit people and lots of people who were hobbled with bad knees and ankles, many were very overweight, there was a married couple who were at least 75, and a woman who could barely walk by the end of the day. Not very reassuring to say the least.

So here's the story..
Street parking in the area was terrible. There was literally a group "campsite" on the sidewalk taking up about 5 pay meters that nobody would park next to...
Weird..
Have to show ID first because it's 21 and over only.
I'm a fit 50÷ but that's not blonde in my hair.... Really, gonna card me....
Then show tickets.
Then hand over phones, keys whatever will go off into a bowl as you pass thru 20180810_000002.jpg a security gate and wands on the other side of the gate in case you pop..

Not sure how tight the detectors are..
Didn't want to take a chance on my Infidel getting past so left that in car too.
Leave show at midnight hoping for the best..
I just hate leaving my fate in the hands of people I don't know..
It would almost be worth it to me to show up for a show I don't want to see and test the gate ...
If it pops exit left..
Car was there.

So here's the story..
Street parking in the area was terrible. There was literally a group "campsite" on the sidewalk taking up about 5 pay meters that nobody would park next to...
Weird..
Have to show ID first because it's 21 and over only.
I'm a fit 50÷ but that's not blonde in my hair.... Really, gonna card me....
Then show tickets.
Then hand over phones, keys whatever will go off into a bowl as you pass thruView attachment 487169 a security gate and wands on the other side of the gate in case you pop..

Didn't want to take a chance on my Infidel getting past so left that in car too.
I just hate leaving my fate in the hands of people I don't know..
It would almost be worth it to me to show up for a show I don't want to see and test the gate ...
If it pops exit left..
Car was there.
Nighttime in downtown Portland is completely different that daytime. Different people on the streets and definitely a feeling of it being 'wilder'.

Did you enjoy the show? Looks like you were at Edgefield, not the Crystal.

A friend invited me to a popular local sports event. Left my 5" folder at home, but brought my leatherman. Not knowing how low the detectors were set, they hand me a bowl, I take off my belt, wrap it around my Leatherman Wave and wallet, and place it in the bowl. They hand it back to me on the other side.

Did you enjoy the show? Looks like you were at Edgefield, not the Crystal.

A friend invited me to a popular local sports event. Left my 5" folder at home, but brought my leatherman. Not knowing how low the detectors were set, they hand me a bowl, I take off my belt, wrap it around my Leatherman Wave and wallet, and place it in the bowl. They hand it back to me on the other side.

Definitely Crystal Ballroom
Edgefield Tonight though..
I've already heard about security there..

So security at the Edgefield was the same although I think that it would be easier to beat if someone was trying.
The venue was WAY over sold. I paid a hundred dollars for two tickets to see a show that was so far away I couldn't see the artist..:( Granted I arrived late and ate a meal at the hotel first but still there were lots more people than lawn to sit on.

VideoCapture_20180811-011325.jpg

Was at the cody jinks show as well. The crystal ballroom security was a joke. Saw a few people that had knives. Even after that fight broke out, it took security a few minutes to even get there and it was just one skinny dude that weighed maybe 100 pounds.

I did get this pretty sweet picture of cody jinks though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top