JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And remember that Duncan won until it got to the en banc panel, whose opinion was vacated. Now to see if a court in WA will grant a TRO to stop WA's mag ban from going into effect!
Just thought I'd mention that the recently-upheld CA law was about possession. Transfer/import/sale of >10rd has been verboten in CA for years and was not at issue in that case. The recent WA law, in contrast, was about transfer/import/sale. So I wouldn't assume anything about the WA law based on the CA issue.

Just thought I'd mention that the recently-upheld CA law was about possession. Transfer/import/sale of >10rd has been verboten in CA for years and was not at issue in that case. The recent WA law, in contrast, was about transfer/import/sale. So I wouldn't assume anything about the WA law based on the CA issue.
Yes and no.

SCOTUS also told the lower courts to throw away the two step analysis used so far:

First, courts ask whether the regulated person, firearm, or place comes within the scope of the Second Amendment's protections. If not, the law does not implicate the Second Amendment. But if so, the court next employs the appropriate level of judicial scrutiny—rational basis, intermediate, or strict scrutiny—to assess whether the law passes constitutional muster. In deciding what level of scrutiny is warranted, courts generally ask whether the challenged law burdens core Second Amendment conduct, like the ability to use a firearm for self-defense in the home. If a law substantially burdens core Second Amendment activity, courts typically will apply strict scrutiny. Otherwise, courts generally will apply intermediate scrutiny. Most challenged laws have been reviewed for intermediate scrutiny, where a court asks whether a law is substantially related to an important governmental interest. And typically, the viability of a firearm restriction will depend on what evidence the government puts forth to justify the law.

Now, the Court told lower courts to throw away step two:

Since Heller and McDonald, the Courts of Appeals have developed a "two-step" framework for analyzing Second Amendment challenges that combines history with means-end scrutiny. The Court rejects that two-part approach as having one step too many. Step one is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history. But Heller and McDonald do not support a second step that applies means-end scrutiny in the Second Amendment context. Heller's methodology centered on constitutional text and history. It did not invoke any means-end test such as strict or intermediate scrutiny, and it expressly rejected any interest-balancing inquiry akin to intermediate scrutiny.

So if and when this law gets challenged, probably on "in common use" basis and that it infringes on the rights on those who have not acquired such magazine prior to enactment, it may get tossed as well.

It just needs to get challenged, or used in a criminal case, to work itself through the courts.

When Judge Benitez ruled against the California mag ban at the federal trial court level he not only struck down the possession ban he struck down the ban on purchases. That launched a "Freedom Week" in 2019 where California residents bought millions of standard magazines.

Kinda late to the show on this thread, but I just looked at a PMag and it has a lot or date code molded into it. If I were a Washington resident, I'd at least make sure that if there were any manufacturing marks on it, that it couldn't be identified as manufactured after 7/1/2022.

Kinda late to the show on this thread, but I just looked at a PMag and it has a lot or date code molded into it. If I were a Washington resident, I'd at least make sure that if there were any manufacturing marks on it, that it couldn't be identified as manufactured after 7/1/2022.
Unlikely that magazines manufactured on or after 7/1/2022 have made it to Washington.

People have been grinding off serial numbers since serial numbers have been put on things, this will be no different.

Too bad we can't find evidence to back up hose rumors about him and Kreidler spitroasting prepubescent boys together... oh wait, to Dems pedophilia is ACCEPTED and EMBRACED now.
What on earth are you talking about?

I thought the pizzagate QAnon folks tucked tail after JFK didn't return from the dead.

What on earth are you talking about?

I thought the pizzagate QAnon folks tucked tail after JFK didn't return from the dead.
Permit me to explain... D's say all R's are racists and terrorists. In return, I say #AllDemocratsArePedophiles to give them a taste of their own medicine... and there HAVE been rumors about Ferg and Kreidler both in particular for as long as I can remember, even before Qanon was ever a thought.

When you Donks let guys who defend underage prostitution like this clown hold office:

Well, you own it when you embrace them and the people who appoint them. Purge them from your party as the R's did the Birchers, and THEN you might have a leg to stand on.

Permit me to explain... D's say all R's are racists and terrorists. In return, I say #AllDemocratsArePedophiles to give them a taste of their own medicine... and there HAVE been rumors about Ferg and Kreidler both in particular for as long as I can remember, even before Qanon was ever a thought.

When you Donks let guys who defend underage prostitution like this clown hold office:

Well, you own it when you embrace them and the people who appoint them. Purge them from your party as the R's did the Birchers, and THEN you might have a leg to stand on.
QAnon is a real life example of how believing rumors without a basis in reality just make people look looney. I say that about both sides, whether you think the Dems were trafficking kids from a pizza parlor or you think Trump made pee tapes with Russian prostitutes.

As for the Dem guy, I read the op-ed. No, he didn't say "I support underage prostitution". He supports prostitution in general. The website he defended had an issue with age verification in their Asia market ads. Yes, that's a valid reason for shutting it down.

News flash: I support prostitution too. People can make their own decisions about their bodies. It's the world's oldest profession, and it's a shame we criminalize it. This country has too many choir boys running it.

You do KNOW.......... that it's only a start.

Cause after it doesn't work.
There will be calls to do more.

Rrrrright......grandfathered.
Then, forgetaboutit......no more......Grandfathered. It will be about less than 10.
Then, forgetaboutit......no more......less than 10.
How about only singles? Or how about NO GUNS?

See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

You do KNOW.......... that it's only a start.

Cause after it doesn't work.
There will be calls to do more.

Rrrrright......grandfathered.
Then, forgetaboutit......no more......Grandfathered. It will be about less than 10.
Then, forgetaboutit......no more......less than 10.
How about only singles? Or how about NO GUNS?

See how that works?

Aloha, Mark
Don't feed the troll, bro. :)

So if and when this law gets challenged, probably on "in common use" basis and that it infringes on the rights on those who have not acquired such magazine prior to enactment, it may get tossed as well.
Amen.
When Judge Benitez ruled against the California mag ban at the federal trial court level he not only struck down the possession ban he struck down the ban on purchases. That launched a "Freedom Week" in 2019 where California residents bought millions of standard magazines.
Bingo! It will just take time. But a lot of wasted "breath" here IMO. They made it pretty darn clear. And then there's the historical use evidence that they stated as the standard for review. The two step is dead.
Ferg: "Alteration or defacement of lot code/serial number shall be construed as prima-facie evidence of a mag entering the state after Ban Date."
I wonder... If anyone makes a wax letter seal for a soldering iron with a date stamp so you know when your mail was sealed? Just a thought. ;)
(Not liable for good/bad ideas)
Too bad we can't find evidence to back up hose rumors about him and Kreidler spitroasting prepubescent boys together... oh wait, to Dems pedophilia is ACCEPTED and EMBRACED now.
It's probably on the laptop. Or the Anthony Weiner servers etc.
News flash: I support prostitution too. People can make their own decisions about their bodies. It's the world's oldest profession, and it's a shame we criminalize it. This country has too many choir boys running it.
I get what your saying, and ideally I would to. I'm basically a libertarian, I don't care as long as it doesn't affect me. In actuality prostitution is a very controlled abusive industry rife with crimes against others. Watch some soft white underbelly episodes about it. Pimps cutting their women's feet with razors for trying to leave etc. I could die a happy man if I got to eradicate one of these pieces of feces off the face of the planet. Let his girls to likewise to him and make him walk through a bed of salt on a dog collar. Some people aren't human, the pollute the name sake.

As an Oregonian, I think any use of a 10+rd magazine is technically a violation of this new BS law. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the way I read it even borrowing a buddies magazine while we go shooting together in WA is in violation so at this point I will no longer be shooting in WA.

As an Oregonian, I think any use of a 10+rd magazine is technically a violation of this new BS law. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the way I read it even borrowing a buddies magazine while we go shooting together in WA is in violation so at this point I will no longer be shooting in WA.
Bring your own mags and leave with them to meet the letter of the law according to wa law attorney YouTube guy.

Or just ignore this BS law completely.

I think OR will have this restriction and worse coming in Nov so I would get used to whatever solution you choose.

My solution is to ignore the unconstitutional BS that is likely coming from IP17 this November. The new purchase restrictions likely coming in Nov for OR are something to be aware of though as it's difficult to "ignore" those. Don't let that one sneak up on you would be my suggestion. I just purchased 4 new guns in the last couple days because I don't want to deal with that purchase BS if it is passes in Nov.

Last Edited:
Bring your own mags and leave with them to meet the letter of the law according to wa law attorney YouTube guy.

Or just ignore this BS law completely.

I think OR will have this restriction and worse coming in Nov so I would get used to whatever solution you choose.

My solution is to ignore the unconstitutional BS that is likely coming from IP17 this November. The new purchase restrictions likely coming in Nov for OR are something to be aware of though as it's difficult to "ignore" those. Don't let that one sneak up on you would be my suggestion. I just purchased 4 new guns in the last couple days because I don't want to deal with that purchase BS if it is passes in Nov.
The purchase issue is a real pain in the butt and I am hoping the wait is deemed unconstitutional in nature. I'm still waiting on a pistol, filled out the 4473 on June 24th. Comparatively to everything I have ever bought previously that I was able to walk out with same day because of CPL, this is ridiculous!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top