JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is my qestion.

What happens to every WA located classified ad on NWFA that is selling a firearm with standard capacity (10+) magazines? You know , offering for sale will be now illegal.

Do all the ads get locked at midnight tomorrow, or does NWFA suddenly become a platform supporting illegal activity in WA? Armslist got into trouble in the past, so.....
Imo sellers will just have to adjust the sale based on new laws that came out after the ad. I don't think NWFA can police everything but that's just my opinion. Every change needs an adjustment time. Sellers can just put in the ad "mags not included" as a simple workaround maybe?

It's a good point you make re armslist I think. Maybe NWFA can put a banner on the classifieds sections or something as a reminder? Maybe start a thread on it or contact @Joe Link directly?

It won't be. It's simply fear tactics. Sadly many/most gun owners will take a knee out of fear. Their tactics work cause the "2A community" willingly allows it.

If I understand correctly, a law suit was filed against the WA mag ban. I assume that after NYSRPA v Bruen, the plaintiffs would have sought a TRO if that was not already part of the suit. Any news in that regard?

I believe this law will be thrown out at it's first challenge. It is unconstitutional from the moment it was put on paper. But Jay never concerned himself with obeying the WA constitution, U.S. constitution, his oath of office, etc......

Teamed up with ol' sideshow Bob, these two have done more damage to freedoms across the board than many despotic leaders in history.

For all of the "progressive" pro-gun control people out there...

View attachment 1231926
Relayed:

26d6a5c5-8728-4a7d-8720-3a8c4fb142a0.jpg

IMHO this BS ban is just a precursor for the grabbers. They start out 'small' like capping to 10, than they wait for the next string of nut job criminal mass shooters using stand cap mags and will push to confiscate all 'grandfathered' standard cap mags. These people are slime.

And DO NOT EVER buy anything from LOW PRICE GUNS in Bellevue, WA. The owner is NO FRIEND to the gun community. Just google it.

It won't be enforced.

At most, it might be an add on/throw away charge for DAs in a plea deal with criminals.
It's easy to enforce. You advertise it for sale, that's all the proof they need. Nobody is selling anymore:

2022-07-03.png

You can't buy a suppressor or SBR at a store without a stamp, and that's 100% enforced everywhere I look. FFLs follow rules or lose their license.

Last Edited:
It's easy to enforce. You advertise it for sale, that's all the proof they need.

You can't buy a suppressor or SBR at a store without a stamp, and that's 100% enforced everywhere I look.

I would bet that most firearms related transactions are never advertised. And there aren't many millions of legally held non serialized suppressors floating around.

Not enforceable

I would bet that most firearms related transactions are never advertised. And there aren't many millions of legally held non serialized suppressors floating around.

Not enforceable
I think that's a misunderstanding of their intent. Their intent has always been to stop the introduction of new magazines into the collective inventory, and they've successfully done that.

Reselling a magazine private party doesn't increase the total count; it's net zero gain for private party ownership.

The people moving the biggest volume of magazines (manufacturers and FFLs) all stopped selling.

It's easy to enforce. You advertise it for sale, that's all the proof they need. Nobody is selling anymore:

View attachment 1233525

You can't buy a suppressor or SBR at a store without a stamp, and that's 100% enforced everywhere I look. FFLs follow rules or lose their license.
There is no federal law on buying/selling mags, so my bet is that private mag sales will continue to be private and I doubt there will be any stings - that is usually something the ATF does, not your local LEOs.

I think that's a misunderstanding of their intent. Their intent has always been to stop the introduction of new magazines into the collective inventory, and they've successfully done that.

Reselling a magazine private party doesn't increase the total count; it's net zero gain for private party ownership.

But you could still get them from a neighboring state all you want. There's no registration, no duty to serialize and nothing to prevent removing a date stamp.

I realize this is a first step, but as it stands, it has done nothing.

But you could still get them from a neighboring state all you want. There's no registration, no duty to serialize and nothing to prevent removing a date stamp.

I realize this is a first step, but as it stands, it has done nothing.
Correct, but there's a difference between driving 10 minutes to buy a magazine (or zero minutes and having it delivered) vs driving 30 minutes, an hour, or multiple hours.

Just like banning abortion (also unenforceable), people who are really determined will just drive across state lines, but distance is still a barrier and overall abortions will drop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top