JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Moral of the story, if your willing to break into someone's home, to steal from them or hurt them, be prepared to pay the ultimate price.

I'm sick and tired of excuses being make for criminal behavior and at the same time trying to criminalize the victims response…

Leroy Schumacher should have done a better job of teaching his grandson values and morals…. Too bad he hadn't….

"After deciding to break into the main house, the young men, wearing all black, donning masks, and armed with brass knuckles and a knife..."

Yeah, bubblegum you Leroy.

1) ""What these three boys did was stupid," said Leroy Schumacher.
All 3 receive the Darwin Award 1st Class with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds.

2) "Schumacher says his grandson didn't have a chance."
Yup. That's the general idea when dealing with multiple assailants. Self defense against an existential threat is not a sport, and violent robbers aren't protected like fish and wildlife. Once they cross that line they have used up all of their chances.

3) The 17-year old, he says, never got into trouble."
Totally irrelevant under the conditions. He was a threat to life and limb.

4) "They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die," said Schumacher."
Hey Leroy, show me the gun that has "What they deserved" on the FC setup. All I see is "Safe" and "Fire." Sending them to bed without supper isn't among the choices available to the intended victim, and phasers with a "Stun" setting aren't available yet.

5) "Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C'mon. Who was afraid for their life?"
Right! That's the general idea. Without the AR in the equation the robbers would have prevailed, likely with death or injury to the defender. The purpose of having a gun is to meet a threat on equal or better grounds. They took a knife and brass knuckles to deal with anybody who happened to be home and they got what they asked for.

6) GOOD SHOOTING!!

Grandad is a MORON trying to drum up sympathy for his MORON grandson. Fair fight? No, his kid decided to break into a home brandishing a weapon. He made a choice. Fair fight after that my butt. They had to suspect there was someone in the home or why have the weapons? What was his poor kid planing on doing with the weapons? I have to hope grand dad ends up being a victim of some scum so he can show us how to be a good victim and not hurt the scum. 🤬

All I gotta say is kudo's to the young man for having the presence of mind to arm himself before investigating, and the strength of character to actually pull the trigger when it was fully appropriate. It's easier said than done for many.

I can sympathize with the grief of the grandfather. The stoopid remarks are forgiveable in that light, but there is no denying where the fault lies. It's unfortunate his grandson chose to make the ultimate mistake, but it was, after all... his choice.

That happened back in 2017, I'm genuinely confused as to why that story didn't mention that and what was the actual point of running that story right now is

I had heard of it too, but thought this might be a new instance. I should have checked for a the actual date of the occurence. I did check the date of the article to make sure it was current.

Well... there goes any sympathy I might have had for the grandfather... right out the window! Years later still crying about it and trying to enact changes to the law that would potentially criminalize someone for protecting their right to safety within their own home?? W T F??

If those young men hadn't been facing down the barrel of an AR15 I would imagine the story would have been much different. Like... "23yr old man stabbed to death during a home invasion."

I guess it's now confirmed where the grandson inherited the stoopid gene.

Last Edited:
While 'skimming' the article I stopped at this part:
The grieving grandfather acknowledged that breaking into a house was "stupid," but he said that the AR-15 gave the homeowner's son an "unfair" advantage over the three burglars and that death wasn't the appropriate consequence for the teens.

'Unfair advantage' ? Since when is burglary a 'game' or 'competition?

Oh man, I could go on and on about this but as previously mentioned the Grandfather is in extreme denial and is completely unwilling to accept any rational or reality about this.

Yep. If one comes face to face with someone that breaks into their home wearing all black, masks, carrying brass knuckles and a knife, I think it's reasonable for that person to believe that they're going to get beaten and stabbed to death. I've seen folks get really brave and stupid in training when the knives and guns are fake and the fists are in padded gloves. When you take away the pads and put real blades and blunt instruments in people's hands, the dynamic does a 180.

While 'skimming' the article I stopped at this part:
The grieving grandfather acknowledged that breaking into a house was "stupid," but he said that the AR-15 gave the homeowner's son an "unfair" advantage over the three burglars and that death wasn't the appropriate consequence for the teens.

'Unfair advantage' ? Since when is burglary a 'game' or 'competition?

Oh man, I could go on and on about this but as previously mentioned the Grandfather is in extreme denial and is completely unwilling to accept any rational or reality about this.
Yeah, the only time someone throws their gun on the ground and says to three armed invaders "Now it's a fair fight", is in a lousy 80's action movie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top