JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cruz-at-NRA-APHouston-Chronicle-Johnny-Hanson-640x480.jpg
AP
by AWR Hawkins3 Dec 2015991

On December 3 Breitbart News spoke with Republican presidential hopeful
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

97%

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
about the Democrats' attempts to use the San Bernardino attack as an impetus for gun control and his counter position that the attack actually shows why now, more than ever, the Second Amendment must be defended and the American people must be armed.

Cruz said:

Unfortunately, the goal of both President Obama and Hillary Clinton, is to consistently–at every turn–to look to weaken the constitutional rights of American citizens. And in particular, to undermine our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. You don't get rid of the bad guys by getting rid of our guns. You get rid of the bad guys by using our guns. And, rather than respond to radical Islam and terrorism with a commitment from the president to keep this nation safe–to kill the terrorists–instead, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton refuse to even utter the words "radical Islamic terrorism."

At a time of growing threats to our safety and security from radical Islamic terrorists, the right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding American citizens has never been more vital.

Cruz then honed in on the centrality of the right to self-defense and how the Democrat-led push for gun control at a time like this is actually a Democrat-led push against the citizens' right to self-defend themselves in the growing threat of danger.

Cruz said:

The gun control push illustrates the misguided priorities of President Obama and Hillary Clinton. They refuse to stand up and do what is necessary to defeat radical Islamic terrorism, to defeat ISIS, to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. Instead, they remain obsessed with disarming the American citizenry, of stripping us of our fundamental right to protect our homes, our lives, and our families.

Moreover, Cruz then pointed out that the gun control being pushed by Democrats is a proven failure already. He pointed to the fact that California has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country–including expanded background checks,–but none of it prevented the San Bernardino attack.

Cruz put it this way:

I would note that the calls from liberals for more and more gun controls in the wake of the San Bernardino shootings ignores the fact that California already has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country–so their policies and solutions have already been implemented in California. And to the surprise of no one, the laws failed to prevent this horrific attack.

We need a GOP presidential ticket that consists of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. That would hold the promise of 16 years of GOP control. Time enough to fully restore the luster to our Constitution, strengthen America and eradicate the planet of the plague of ISIS and radical Islamic terrorists...

We need a GOP presidential ticket that consists of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. That would hold the promise of 16 years of GOP control. Time enough to fully restore the luster to our Constitution, strengthen America and eradicate the planet of the plague of ISIS and radical Islamic terrorists...

The more I think on this subject and the more I hear from the Marxists, I think you are absolutely correct. I believe these two offer the best chance to take back the WH in 2016. Cruz absolutely gets it. No other candidate is a consistent and has the record to match on constitutional rights... he is the antithesis of Barry and Hillary.

I think Cruz and Rubio can bring the conservative Hispanic leaning people over to the side of freedom and liberty. They (Hispanics) are a large group in general, and if they can be brought to understand the meaning of liberty versus the never ending quest of the leftist establishment to control everything for the "common good" then that's less votes for the left, and more for us

I like Cruz. I hope he can get elected, but unfortunately there are way too many people on the government tit who will vote for whomever will promise to give them the most.

And there are many who are not, and do not get involved with voting because they think their vote doesn't matter.

They are wrong because it does matter, and I would hope that this election they don't stay home because another establishment RINO gets the nod to run for the White House like in '08 & '12

So you forgot that ruby O bama is for AMNESTY.

Cruz and anyone but Ruby O

And there are many who are not, and do not get involved with voting because they think their vote doesn't matter.

They are wrong because it does matter, and I would hope that this election they don't stay home because another establishment RINO gets the nod to run for the White House like in '08 & '12

I'd vote for Cruz or Paul because they might have a shot (long as it may be) to rebuild the Republic. I haven't made up my mind about DT or Carson yet. The rest...I might as well vote for Hillary because at least with her maybe I can see the country hit rock bottom while I am still young enough to participate in the rebuild because she will sink us like the Titanic while the RINOs will still do it just a little slower.

Rubio isn't for amnesty. He is for a pathway that could lead to citizenship or legal work permits and deportation for the bad actors. Rand Paul, like his father has/had no chance. He lacks self control on the big stage and his isolationist ideas are unworkable. Cruz or Rubio will destroy Hillary in the presidential debates. Rubio has the smarts/looks/experience and charisma to swing the fence sitters to the R side. He's moderate enough get middle of the road people but as a Reagan conservative able to pull the farther right folks into voting for him. All we need is 50.1 percent to 49.9 per cent to best the liberals.
it is going to be quite a year coming up, regardless.

Brutus Out

Rubio isn't for amnesty. He is for a pathway that could lead to citizenship or legal work permits and deportation for the bad actors. Rand Paul, like his father has/had no chance. He lacks self control on the big stage and his isolationist ideas are unworkable. Cruz or Rubio will destroy Hillary in the presidential debates. Rubio has the smarts/looks/experience and charisma to swing the fence sitters to the R side. He's moderate enough get middle of the road people but as a Reagan conservative able to pull the farther right folks into voting for him. All we need is 50.1 percent to 49.9 per cent to best the liberals.
it is going to be quite a year coming up, regardless.

Brutus Out
Time to start drumming up support, both financially and our time to ensure that the HOP is successful. It's our only hope, we all need to become activists for the cause!

I will vote for Any Presidential Team, that Ted Cruz decides upon ! ! !

I have Vetted the entire Cruz family, and feel he will make good decisions:

The man is super On Top of the Situations at hand, is Stern, and Knows how to Lead to get what he wants done:

His being a Lawyer that has Successfully argued in front of the Supreme Court, alone, shows that he knows how to word things Correctly.

philip :D

I agree with the Rubio policy toward illegals. His plan essentially establishes a registry and means for tracking people who are willful violators that want to come clean. In fact, his plan sounds just like the plan put forward by G.W. Unfortunately, the recurring rumors of Rubio not being able to keep his pants zipped may put an end to his run.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top