JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up this old RCBS 5-10 scale. I had to really spend some time cleaning it up but it was worth it. I like the dial feature for setting the "tenths" of the old 5-10 scales. I disassembled and cleaned the pivot crystals with alcohol prep pads. I think I have this old scale working pretty good now and functioning properly but I was having a difficult time seeing the zero needle marks align as they were pretty faded. Even when the lines are clearly visible like they are on my 5-0-5 scale these lines begin to play tricks on my old eyes after measuring a few loads. The gap that exists between the two needle marks when aligned would play tricks on my eyes and leave me wondering if each load was truly aligned exactly like the one before it.

This is a very crude fix but it worked really well for the 100 loads of 223 that I measured out tonight. Having the two lines that match up actually overlap each other really seemed to increase the accuracy of the repeated measuring of loads. The higher contrast of the red also made it easier for my eyes repeat the process of alignment. Crude as it is, I am very pleased with the improvement created here.

A-IMG-1053.jpg

A-IMG-1054.jpg

A-IMG-1055.jpg

So I picked up this old RCBS 5-10 scale. I had to really spend some time cleaning it up but it was worth it. I like the dial feature for setting the "tenths" of the old 5-10 scales. I disassembled and cleaned the pivot crystals with alcohol prep pads. I think I have this old scale working pretty good now and functioning properly but I was having a difficult time seeing the zero needle marks align as they were pretty faded. Even when the lines are clearly visible like they are on my 5-0-5 scale these lines begin to play tricks on my old eyes after measuring a few loads. The gap that exists between the two needle marks when aligned would play tricks on my eyes and leave me wondering if each load was truly aligned exactly like the one before it.

This is a very crude fix but it worked really well for the 100 loads of 223 that I measured out tonight. Having the two lines that match up actually overlap each other really seemed to increase the accuracy of the repeated measuring of loads. The higher contrast of the red also made it easier for my eyes repeat the process of alignment. Crude as it is, I am very pleased with the improvement created here.

View attachment 574696

View attachment 574697

View attachment 574698

See? That's badassery on full display right there! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews