Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crossfire MK1?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jason97496, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jason97496

jason97496 Cottage Grove, Oregon Member

I found one today for sale at an indoor flea market. They are asking $1300 for it. I have no where enough cash to make the purchase. I am just curious. I had never seen anything like it. Does anyone have an opinion on these guns? It certainly looked impressive.

2. jason97496

So, nobody on this forum knows anything about this gun?

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

google search the gun. I found some articles on it. I seems to be a prototype gun or something that was never mass produced. I cant comment on the gun since I have never seen one in person or know anyone that has.

4. ktd

ktd nw Member

The Crossfire was someone's idea of a good idea. I seem to remember the prototypes being fairly sleek, but the production models came out looking like a SPAS15 squished together with a rifle. Production and distribution were handed over several times between various companies. The original concept called for the thing (or at least the rifle component) to be semi automatic or selective fire, but it was released as a pump action.

I would say they have more collector value than anything else. In reality, you would be better served by buying an AR15 and a Mossberg 500/Rem 870 and using the one you needed. The ones I have seen seemed to work okay, but reports seem to widely vary. $1300 seems a bit high to me, I think CDNN was liquidating them at $700, and I think MSRP at time of production was around $1500.

What I wanna know is where there is a flea market that sells military weapons. :)

5. jason97496

This was the only firearm of any possible value in my opinion. They had several others, but they were all worn out and overpriced.

6. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

7. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Or you could get the masterkey...

8. ktd

ktd nw Member

I have no idea what that means....

9. jason97496

same here

10. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

394_Knights_master.jpg

This is the old school version of the "masterkey" that fromotoc was referring to I believe...
    There is a newer version but both are basically breaching devices.

I remember seeing the Crossfire combos at the gun shows back in the day. They were huge, awkward and marketed as a sort of survival gun. It was something new though back when a lot of stuff was just more of the same. I'm really impressed at the innovation and selection of firearms we have nowadays.:)

11. ktd

ktd nw Member

that makes sense, I thought it was a pop culture reference. I did not make the connection because I do not think of the shotgun part of the crossfire as being a breacher.

If I recall, the original prototype was a side by side configuration with two box magazines, though I could be wrong.

12. lilbiker510

lilbiker510 Tracy Ca New Member

I got one and I love it. only problem is that I bought it about 4 months ago and I have only used it twice. There is a huge problem with the selector switch and not only with that, but also with the firing pins. But like I said, it is a nice gun. And there are only 800 of them made, so it is also a collectors item

13. jason97496

Thanks. I think i will have to pass on it. I will let some one else find it and buy this cool looking toy

14. ktd

ktd nw Member

so if anyone cares, I found a pic of the old crossfire prototype. The mags are side by side, but the barrels are stacked vertical, and it does look like the shottie part is pump.