JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benjamin is now offering their Pioneer "Air" powered Crossbow. 450fps and single hand Cocking. 8 shots per charge which can be "Reloaded" with a hand pump. Looks Very Interesting. The price is right up there but like everything new I'm guessing it will come down.

Nice compact unit! Good deal!

It took me a while to understand how it worked. I had to lookup what FFL meant, but yeah, the limbs seem to make it more compact.

I will hae to figure out what are the best bolts/arrows for it, and what bow-fishing unit to get for it. One guy on the youtubes just uses a fishing pole and line, and attaches the line to the arrow, then his partner reels the fish in after it is shot.

Benjamin is now offering their Pioneer "Air" powered Crossbow. 450fps and single hand Cocking. 8 shots per charge which can be "Reloaded" with a hand pump. Looks Very Interesting. The price is right up there but like everything new I'm guessing it will come down.

Yeah - I've seen the air/gas powered ones - expensive. Appealing, but expensive.

Isn't Everything, especially when it first hits the market???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could afford it, but that would mean less money to buy something else. The one I bought is very high quality and has the features I feel are more than adequate to do the job. I think it is not that likely that I will need a crossbow, but one never knows, so I got one - now I feel I have that prep covered (or at least started).

I don't feel I need the absolute best of everything, I weigh the pros/cons and cost - as cost goes up, often return on investment and value goes down. E.G., is something that costs twice as much, twice as good? Often not - it may be better, but you get into the issue of diminishing returns/value for your investment.

Also, nothing precludes me from buying a airbow in the future, since the relative cost may go down as the tech is improved and manufacturing costs may go down too. If I had seen one at a 50% discount like the Fisix was...

I am not particularly enamored of the idea of having to pump the bow to recharge it, even less if it is a bow that is charged from a gas tank. I do not see someone being able to get 3000 PSI from a consumer or typical industrial air compressor (300 PSI maybe, but not 3000), much less from a hand pump, so in that sense, after a while in a SHTF scenario, the bow would be much less useful, if it can be used at all.

I could be wrong, but the tech doesn't seem like a good fit for those reasons.

I could afford it, but that would mean less money to buy something else. The one I bought is very high quality and has the features I feel are more than adequate to do the job. I think it is not that likely that I will need a crossbow, but one never knows, so I got one - now I feel I have that prep covered (or at least started).

I don't feel I need the absolute best of everything, I weigh the pros/cons and cost - as cost goes up, often return on investment and value goes down. E.G., is something that costs twice as much, twice as good? Often not - it may be better, but you get into the issue of diminishing returns/value for your investment.

Also, nothing precludes me from buying a airbow in the future, since the relative cost may go down as the tech is improved and manufacturing costs may go down too. If I had seen one at a 50% discount like the Fisix was...

I am not particularly enamored of the idea of having to pump the bow to recharge it, even less if it is a bow that is charged from a gas tank. I do not see someone being able to get 3000 PSI from a consumer or typical industrial air compressor (300 PSI maybe, but not 3000), much less from a hand pump, so in that sense, after a while in a SHTF scenario, the bow would be much less useful, if it can be used at all.

I could be wrong, but the tech doesn't seem like a good fit for those reasons.
Does that mean you don't want one???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does that mean you don't want one???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not at all. I would like one for no other reason than the fact that they are bullpups and neat looking.

But then I would like a lot of things and I am not a millionaire so I can't afford everything that I would like to have as I would be broke and deep in debt long before I got one percent of the things I would like to have.

So I have to prioritize and make compromises. What I ordered today I feel is a decent value. Something I had on my list for years, and when I saw one at a good price with a good value, I ordered it.

This one has been on a list of preparedness items to acquire for a very long time, but it has never happened. I grant there is some utility, but it keeps getting pushed down the list. All that said, I would be interested in picking one up one of these days.

This one has been on a list of preparedness items to acquire for a very long time, but it has never happened. I grant there is some utility, but it keeps getting pushed down the list. All that said, I would be interested in picking one up one of these days.

Yeah, it was not high on my list, but it was on the list, so when I saw the sale I went for it because I am in a position right now to pick things up that I want/need that have a good price point, regardless of where they are on my list.

I am rapidly approaching the point where I need to cut back or I won't be able to get the really good stuff later. I expect that for the next 3 years or so, or at least the next year (until the 2018 elections) it will be a buyer's market so I need to be ready with the cash when a deal comes up.

By 2020 I will be close to retirement and my income will go 'fixed' and I will need to go with what I have at that point for the most part.

I trained with some Barnett's in one of my military schools, was proficient enough with it but this compound cam stuff is an entire different level. I bought a 175 lb one a year ago. Haven't shot it much, it was on sale at Midway and I ordered it. I have shot it twice, once I lost the bolt......couldn't see where it went and still have not found it. The second shot, I had my wife watch to see where it went, I shot it into the haystack in my barn. It penetrated 4 tight bales of alfalfa from 60 feet. I need to build a substantial target to really learn how to shoot it. It has a winch that slips into the aluminum butstock to cock it, you can't do it by hand.....when cocked, you can feel the kinetic energy stored in the limbs.....it is quite a piece of equipment.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top