JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wayne La Pierre's inept elephant hunt disgraces himself & the NRA

While I don't like what he did, I doubt that those elephants were "endangered". Like any other game/animal management plans, a certain number of animals are harvested occasionally to maintain the balance between number of critters, food supply and the health of the herd.

I'm pretty sure that he had all the appropriate permits, and a certain number of elephants had been selected for harvesting, be it by Wayne LP, Joe Blow or the game wardens. Letting people hunt them instead of wardens generates money to pay for the preservation of the rest of the animals. The headline of killing "endangered" critters is 100% media hype.

That said, I think Wayne is a Azz and needs to be fired.

We need another 'Revolt at Cincinnati'.

Here is an interesting opinion piece from 2 years ago. About the time Ollie North exited.

I tried to encourage activists to exploit the Lifer Fire sale in order to get voting rights faster and dethrone Crown Prince Frenchy...

Last Edited:
Between Bloomberg and the Mom's group, the left is as strong as ever while we're scrambling trying to replace the NRA with a group that has as much clout.

The NRA spent pennies comparatively on the last election compared to 2016. Wayne spent all of it on himself.

Noticed another analysis of the NRA bankruptsy on The Gun Feed website.

Realistically the NRA will only be "reformed " by outsiders like NY's AG.
No one gets nominated for the NRA board without WLP's say so. Our votes are meaningless. Sure...maybe one or two good guys do get reelected to the board, but they will be just voices in the wilderness. Most of the good guys have already left...out of frustration and fear of liability for violating their fiduciary responsibilities.
Support 2A Foundation snd FPC!

Realistically the NRA will only be "reformed " by outsiders like NY's AG.
No one gets nominated for the NRA board without WLP's say so. Our votes are meaningless. Sure...maybe one or two good guys do get reelected to the board, but they will be just voices in the wilderness. Most of the good guys have already left...out of frustration and fear of liability for violating their fiduciary responsibilities.
Support 2A Foundation snd FPC!
I agree but the NRA-ILA gets more legal work done than all the other gun rights organizations together

You'd need either a vote of the BOD--which means a "Long March" to purge his stooges--or a Member Revolt. I need to dig out the Bylaws and look up the section on "Shareholder Proposals"... which even if we got a FIRE WAYNE NOW to the table and forced a vote, it'd probably be referred to a Board committee tasked explicitly with spiking it.

First step in getting rid of Wayne is to reject his people on the BoD. I trust these guys, https://www.savethe2a.org , and Knox at https://firearmscoalition.org for the Inside Baseball.
I fully agree with Diamondback on the links of who to trust. Follow the Firearms Policy Coalition link for voting recommendations from Jeff Knox - there's only five - two on the ballot and three write-ins (to be done on the back of the ballot). DON'T vote for anyone else (in the interest of getting rid of WLP). Frank Tait is one of the write-ins; here's a link that shows how to properly fill in the write-in section: https://taitnra.substack.com/p/nra-board-of-directors-ballots-are

If you're a voting-eligible NRA member please don't delay getting your ballot in - they must be received by August 15 in order to be counted.

Had hoped for better results in the recent NRA Board of Directors election, but unfortunately a solid majority of the voting membership voted for the same old same old. Not enough members voted to hold the corrupt cronies at the top accountable, so WLP & Co get a pass, at least from those who bothered to turn in a ballot. Downright depressing. At least we still have GOA, 2AF, FPC.

And this is prolly how it's gonna play out:

LaPierre is a con man extraordinaire, I have seen him on safari, he barely knows one end of a firearm from the other, his wife is much better with a rifle than he is. I am sick and tired of supporting the lifestyle of the N.R.A. leadership. over and out here!

While I don't like what he did, I doubt that those elephants were "endangered". Like any other game/animal management plans, a certain number of animals are harvested occasionally to maintain the balance between number of critters, food supply and the health of the herd.

I'm pretty sure that he had all the appropriate permits, and a certain number of elephants had been selected for harvesting, be it by Wayne LP, Joe Blow or the game wardens. Letting people hunt them instead of wardens generates money to pay for the preservation of the rest of the animals. The headline of killing "endangered" critters is 100% media hype.

That said, I think Wayne is a Azz and needs to be fired.
LaPierre is a clown with a firearm, plain and simple.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top