JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got my MiniTuck today for my PM9. It's extremely comfortable and holds the pistol very close to my side. I'd have to say that I like it just as much if not more than my MTAC. My only gripe is that I'm not too fond of the metal clips that go over the belt. I liked the Comp-Tac plastic clips more, but it's not such a big deal.

----------
And I am just the opposite. I just trust metal over plastic on retention hardware anyday.

I just completed my first day of carry with the Crossbreed Im pleased it was comfortable while at my desk or driving I wore it into several places it concealed well under my chlothes I'm very happy.

-------------------
Oooh! That's not good!
I had to adjust my kydex (mainly around the trigger guard area) a bit when I built it but it now holds very strong and requires a sharp tug to draw.

I'm still working on getting mine to that point. I'm going to try shrinking the leather a bit and then readjusting the kydex once more. I'm hoping that will do it because I like to "virginia tuck" this holster sometimes for OC.

I've now worn my Supertuck for about 3 days and really like the comfort level and as mentioned in my earlier post, I have experienced no retention issues at all. I do think I'll get a quick clip model from them for ease of use with my G26 and use the Supertuck more for the G19 due to the Supertucks size. I'm now torn between ordering another of the Supertucks for my 1911, or ordering and waiting for a Sparks VM-2.

I've now worn my Supertuck for about 3 days and really like the comfort level and as mentioned in my earlier post, I have experienced no retention issues at all. I do think I'll get a quick clip model from them for ease of use with my G26 and use the Supertuck more for the G19 due to the Supertucks size. I'm now torn between ordering another of the Supertucks for my 1911, or ordering and waiting for a Sparks VM-2.
-------------------------------------------
I had a Milt Sparks VM2 for my 1911 and it was nuthin special. The wide displacement of the Supertuck's design makes it much more comfy IMHO

What are you standards for retention? Will it still hold the gun if you turn it upside down? And shake?

Yes..you just never know when you're going to be hoisted up by your ankles..and bounced on your head...:s0092:

;) Haha, right...but you might sit down on occasion. My point is that the supertuck doesn't have retention except by gravity and one's body & belt squeezing the holster around the firearm. I am someone who greatly prefers OC and so I sometimes "virginia tuck" while wearing the supertuck. One time my pistol was left in my seat when I stood up. That was unacceptable to me, maybe you're okay with that though.

I readily admit that the supertuck was not designed for OC and I was using it for a purpose that was not intended for it. The simple solution is that I switch holsters when I want to CC vs OC. I was hoping the supertuck would be versatile enough for both. That is not the case. :p

Still a wonderful, comfortable, easily concealable holster that I will continue to wear for a long time to come.

What are you standards for retention? Will it still hold the gun if you turn it upside down? And shake?

The G26 has a pretty heavy grip vs. barrel length.

No, but I bet if I could stand on my head with my gun belt on, it wouldn't come out. I'm actually am pretty active in regards to retention issues as I use a wheelchair and am climbing in and out of my truck and pulling myself up into my boat, onto my Quad, onto and back up from the floor etc.... basically I throw my body all over the place just to get through daily activities.

I'm going to try adjusting my Supertuck to carry the gun a little deeper tonight and see how it feels the next couple days. I like it now (as it came from the factory), but think this might be even MORE comfortable.

I have many other holsters for OC if that is what I'm doing. In the Crossbread, I was looking for more comfort from a IWB without sacrificing functionality, and I think it fits the bill.

The G26 has a pretty heavy grip vs. barrel length.

No, but I bet if I could stand on my head with my gun belt on, it wouldn't come out. I'm actually am pretty active in regards to retention issues as I use a wheelchair and am climbing in and out of my truck and pulling myself up into my boat, onto my Quad, onto and back up from the floor etc.... basically I throw my body all over the place just to get through daily activities.

I'm going to try adjusting my Supertuck to carry the gun a little deeper tonight and see how it feels the next couple days. I like it now (as it came from the factory), but think this might be even MORE comfortable.

I have many other holsters for OC if that is what I'm doing. In the Crossbread, I was looking for more comfort from a IWB without sacrificing functionality, and I think it fits the bill.

Very cool, I think the supertuck is great for your application, namely, concealing. I don't worry about my Kahr falling out when my shirt is over it because the shirt would stop the gun grip from catching on something. It was only a concern when tucking behind the holster. I was expecting too much wanting to CC and OC in one holster, but at 21 years old, I'm new to carrying and have to learn somehow. ;)

How many here get the "combat cut"? I am looking at getting my first Cross Breed holster and am unsure what I want to do...

Timber,
I went to Frontsight Firearms Training with a regular crossbreed holster. I ended up wanting very much to cut away some leather after the second day. I couldn't get a quick smooth draw as my thumb was always hanging up on the leather flap created by my love handles. An ugly sight and hard to describe but I would definately recommend the Crossbreed in a combat cut, because when you need your gun quickly you don't want to fumble getting it out of the holster. Could just be me and my body build but I would go with the Combat cut. I ended up cutting mine in a crude way to get similar results.

Good luck, they are very very comfortable and customer service is as good as it gets. By the way, my crossbreed is for a G19.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top