Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cross Breed Holsters

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by parsons_12b, Nov 15, 2009.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Is anyone here using a Cross Breed holster if so how do you like it I have been thinking of getting on to carry my XD. I'm wanting a little more info before throwing down the cash.

bikejunkie and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

I swear by Crossbreed.. Never found a rig I like better for IWB.. Great rig..Good price..Excellent Customer Service.. I own and use three of them..

Crashbox and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

+1 for crossbreed I purchased one for my G36 on Doubletaps recommendation. It is great holster that is easy to wear and is very comfortable. I order my on a Saturday and had it the following Wednesday

4. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Western Oregon Member

You might also look at the Minotar from CTAC. I carry in one daily, fantastic rig. I could meet you sometime, if you wanted to look at it in person.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

Comfortable, well-made, effective. Versatile. Great product.

6. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

I've received two belts and two holsters (Supertuck and QwikClip) from Crossbreed. Each was delivered earlier than promised and just as comfortable as I was led to believe from other customers. Each holster took about 10 days to break in (normal for good sturdy leather) and they're now so comfortable that I can't feel whichever one I'm wearing; and I carry 24/7.

I had one small issue with the Supertuck: the plastic clips kept breaking. Mark at Crossbreed was very prompt in sending me replacement clips for free and when he switched to steel clips I received a new set of those for free.

Very comfortable holster, excellent service, no regrets.

The retention is adjusted by using a hairdryer to soften the kydex portion of the holster. It can then be reshaped to a looser retention (simply heat and then allow to cool) or a tighter retention (heat and press down on the trigger guard area until it cools). It took about ten minutes to get exactly the retention I wanted and it's stayed that way ever since.

There are some excellent CCW holsters, and Crossbreed is easily one of them.

7. Doubletap

Yeah..I should be a spokesman for them..lol It's just that I'm extremely picky about what I carry..and what I carry it in.. If I had all the money that I've spent..on holsters that just didn't cut it..I could by myself some nice new toys..

8. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

How many shares of stock did you say you own in that company? :D :D

9. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

Well, after this thread, I ordered a Supertuck for my daily carry G26. If all is as you guys say, I'll probably order another for my 1911, but will wait for my own experience as to how they feel when sitting down etc.... Boy, do I empathize with the comment of all the $$ spent on holsters trying to find THE one (I've tried everything from Galco/Bianchi to Blocker) and full Kydex). I need to try to dump a bunch of holsters, but not too much market for all the lefties I have. I only wish they had an offering for revolvers...

10. parsons_12b

I ordered one yesterday I hope they are as good as advertised

11. Doubletap

If you don't think it's one of the best holsters you've ever worn..depending on what weapon it's for..just let me know.. I'll deal ya out of it..:D

12. parsons_12b

Doubletap if that is the case do you have a extra one for a fullsize XD I could test drive until mine gets here?

13. kito109654

kito109654 Everett, WA Member

I love my Crossbreed Supertuck with one reservation. It's amazingly comfortable; I forget my admittedly small Kahr is even there most of the day. It's easy to wear when driving and it's well made and durable.

My reservation is that it has almost no retention by itself. The retention relies on the belt pressing it against your body. Adjusting the kydex simply can't make up for how the leather will strech thus making more room for the gun (though it can help a little bit). One time (before I adjusted the kydex) when I got out of a car my weapon was left sitting in the seat, and pointing in an unsafe direction to boot.

14. Doubletap

No Sir..I don't.. If I did ..you'd be welcome to

15. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

Got my new Supertuck today, less than a week turnaround time. No retention issues out of the box. I'll comment more after wearing it for a bit.

16. PeakResources

PeakResources Portland (past) Colorado (now) Member

I've previously carried my Kimber in a Tucker Gunleather "Answer", which was great. Perhaps a bit better finished than the Supertuck.

I now carry a HK45 in a Supertuck, and it's just as comfortable, retains my pistol better than the Answer, and I like the steel clips. Especially considering the price and speed of delivery, I would recommend their holsters.

17. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

Well, I for one have to say that I have warmed up to them quite nicely! Not to the Crossbreed brand specifically but the "Hybrid Style" of IWB holsters. I have carried IWB holsters for a good many years and after trying many different makes and models I just kinda settled on the assumed fact that they are a compromise of comfort and concealablity (BTW- I know that is improper English but it fits). Carried for extended periods of time all IWB's will have some discomforts but I have experienced the "Hybrids" and their large area displacement to be "Much" more tolerable for longer wear times. This is a bold statement yes! That being said, I still enjoy the convenience of a more standard quick clip on type holster of good quality leather or horsey hide for those quick trips to the market or short trips. I just recently made my own "Hybrid" using horsehide and a glove leather backing. It was stiff as all get out for the 1st few wears but it is getting with each time out. Yes, I'm a fan! :thumbup:
    P1010844.jpg

18. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

-------------------
    Oooh! That's not good!
    I had to adjust my kydex (mainly around the trigger guard area) a bit when I built it but it now holds very strong and requires a sharp tug to draw.

19. parsons_12b

I recieved my holster today so tomarrow we shall se how it works

20. yeos

yeos Seattle Member

I got my MiniTuck today for my PM9. It's extremely comfortable and holds the pistol very close to my side. I'd have to say that I like it just as much if not more than my MTAC. My only gripe is that I'm not too fond of the metal clips that go over the belt. I liked the Comp-Tac plastic clips more, but it's not such a big deal.