JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I went out shooting this past weekend where I have been going for the past couple years lots of good shooting spots out there an I came upon a sign an a gate letting everyone know that the road will be closed to the public starting 07/26/18 it's about a mile up when you hit the gravel road pretty bummed out about it :s0002:

CB5E09F6-C90A-4143-9ECC-F897F6A62526.jpeg 6143437E-2472-483F-ACBB-9DD92C722596.jpeg B6E0B2DD-8A9E-40A5-9CA2-8D45CCA7C7F5.jpeg

That notification sign doesn't look very official to me. It doesn't have an official logo, a reason why and no duration timeline. It could be a homemade sign by someone trying to pull a fast one. Who's land is it? I'm not familiar with this area.

That notification sign doesn't look very official to me. It doesn't have an official logo, a reason why and no duration timeline. It could be a homemade sign by someone trying to pull a fast one. Who's land is it? I'm not familiar with this area.
I'm thinkin it's the real deal because that gate was freshly installed looks like there about done with it though.

If it's a private logging company or forest owner, we could understand that. If it's public land, we need to see why and what the details are. Not going to get outraged without seeing the facts.

yeah its probably closing. too many effing idiots go there and leave behind their living room.

i saw this coming. when @kod38 and i would go there years ago, we'd clean up a little bit. there is SOOOO MUCH JUNK up there.

does not surprise me 1 bit.

people just dont get it.

I know that gate, it's been there at least since last hunting season because that's the spot where I tested my Mossberg 930 just off to the side there. It's up above Scotts Mills, here's the coordinates...

44.8966804,-122.5128173
I only remember 1 gate at the very end at the top of the hill but this gate was definitely new there was not a stain on it an if you look at the gate post there are a few cement bags .

I wouldn't doubt it if it's being closed because of the fire danger. In fact, wouldn't doubt it if the state, and/or USFS/BLM close some entire forest areas down because of fire danger. They are pretty nervous about it right now.

If public forests close down, they'll include reasons and duration. They'll also make it well known to the public.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top