JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am loving this gun more every time I shoot it. Pushing 250gr. RNFP @ 1105 fps = 678 foot pounds of energy not too shabby for a 4.25in barrel. This will be my black bear back up sidearm this year for sure.
IMG_20160702_160154.jpg

I am loving this gun more every time I shoot it. Pushing 250gr. RNFP @ 1105 fps = 678 foot pounds of energy not too shabby for a 4.25in barrel. This will be my black bear back up sidearm this year for sure.
View attachment 300373

Impressive. That pretty much equals a full power 357 Magnum load in terms of energy.

I think that round would badly hurt anything that you shot with it, whether man or beast.

DRZ400S, I'm not taking sides on this issue, but found these opinions interesting.
45 SUPER (http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/45-super.24146/)
Yeah, I did a lot of research and talking to other 45 super shooters. I am still below max load and the Para 1911 is one of the best for the conversion to 45 Super with its full supported ramped barrel plus the Elite Commander is a black stainless steel slide and frame. Too many guys put to stiff of a recoil spring and main spring in causing undo wear and stress on the barrel lugs. I have it set up so I can still shoot 45acp over the counter box stuff too. I don't plan on shooting just supers but, if I hunt or want a bear back up sidearm it will be loaded with the Supers.

Yeah, I did a lot of research and talking to other 45 super shooters. I am still below max load and the Para 1911 is one of the best for the conversion to 45 Super with its full supported ramped barrel plus the Elite Commander is a black stainless steel slide and frame. Too many guys put to stiff of a recoil spring and main spring in causing undo wear and stress on the barrel lugs. I have it set up so I can still shoot 45acp over the counter box stuff too. I don't plan on shooting just supers but, if I hunt or want a bear back up sidearm it will be loaded with the Supers.

Having a steel frame, and especially a barrel with a fully supported chamber are both real good things to have. I know that some of the early Glocks had barrels that were poorly supported, and ended up exploding in the unsupported area, like this .45 caliber Glock did:

kb1.jpg

It's nice to see the 45 super becoming more popular. :)

What powder are you runnin' there?

I load 11 grains of blue dot behind a 250gr RNFP for 1160fps out of a 5" barrel.

With an efficient compensator you can push the 45 super to Rowland levels. The same recipe as above, using 800x instead of blue dot, gives me 1320fps.

It's a Para USA Elite Commander. I put a NM trigger, EGW flat firing pin stop and a 20lb recoil spring. Now can shoot 45acp and 45 Super.
DRZ400S is a flat bottom firing pin essential for a 45 Super conversion of a 1911 CMD?, i plan on converting my all steel SR1911 CMD to 45Super, since it has a titanium firing pin i was planning on using it, and i plan on getting a 20lb recoil spring for it so i can also fire 45 ACP with a simple ammo change.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top