JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes? I certainly wouldn't have let my dog harass a crocodile but I like the owners attitude: dog was doing what dogs do (if you let them), crocodile was doing what crocodiles do, end of story.

Not sure how to take this. On one hand, or the other!? Warning: Graphic video.

Crocodile eats dog that tormented it for 10 years

I did not watch as I had read about this. From what I read about it sounds to me like a moron for an owner. If you live where there are dangerous predators you should protect those you love. If there was something like that around me you know I would NOT allow my dogs near the damn thing.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes? I certainly wouldn't have let my dog harass a crocodile but I like the owners attitude: dog was doing what dogs do (if you let them), crocodile was doing what crocodiles do, end of story.

I did not watch as I had read about this. From what I read about it sounds to me like a moron for an owner. If you live where there are dangerous predators you should protect those you love. If there was something like that around me you know I would NOT allow my dogs near the damn thing.

That's why I'm torn....One one hand the little rat got what it deserved! Good! One the other hand, it's pathetic the owner allowed his dog to harass the croc for years. He just thought they were playing! The crock probably though they were playing too! Then, it seems little dogs can't be trained. I can't think of ever seeing a little mut like a Yorkie, mini Poodle, Bichon Frice that wasn't a little untrained monster. Right now, the Jack Russel mix from the guy that lives next door is barking, at nothing.

That's why I'm torn....One one hand the little rat got what it deserved! Good! One the other hand, it's pathetic the owner allowed his dog to harass the croc for years. He just thought they were playing! The crock probably though they were playing too! Then, it seems little dogs can't be trained. I can't think of ever seeing a little mut like a Yorkie, mini Poodle, Bichon Frice that wasn't a little untrained monster. Right now, the Jack Russel mix from the guy that lives next door is barking, at nothing.

Yes I certainly don't blame the critters, either one of them. Dog did not have enough sense to know better. Crock just grabbed a meal. I just have little use for those who want a dog and do nothing to take care of it. It's why I carry when I walk my small dogs but also carry less lethal. I DO NOT want to have to kill a dog that tries to attack mine. I's not the dogs fault in my mind, it's the owner who lets the damn thing run loose. If I can change it's mind on an attack without causing it real harm I am happy but, I also will not allow one of my dogs to be harmed. I tend to take better care of my dogs than myself :)

Every summer as a kid, my brother and I would go down to Florida and spend a month with our grandparents. They had a sweet bass pond behind their house and we would fish there regularly. One day I was fishing and saw the neighbors Golden Retriever at the waters edge, lapping up some water. Out of nowhere, a HUGE gator breaks surface and grabs the dog. It only took about 10 seconds and then they both disappeared.

I was pretty freaked out about fishing there for a while and stood about 10' back versus right at waters edge. Not that it would make a huge difference. :rolleyes:

Every summer as a kid, my brother and I would go down to Florida and spend a month with our grandparents. They had a sweet bass pond behind their house and we would fish there regularly. One day I was fishing and saw the neighbors Golden Retriever at the waters edge, lapping up some water. Out of nowhere, a HUGE gator breaks surface and grabs the dog. It only took about 10 seconds and then they both disappeared.

I was pretty freaked out about fishing there for a while and stood about 10' back versus right at waters edge. Not that it would make a huge difference. :rolleyes:

:s0001: Hopefully you were wearing your brown pants.

My small dogs have always been well behaved...

The only one left is Munich Lhasa and he would have done the same thing as this dog - he has always been very protective of the family, the house and the car when we take him.

He's 14 now and still going strong but his sight and hearing are almost gone so he doesn't sound the alarm nearly as often as before but I've always liked his protective attitude.

That being said, I'd have eaten the crock and not let the situation continue for fear of this exact thing.

Always was a big dog fan and not one of little dogs until we ended up with one because of my wife. Now I'm very partial to them as they travel better and are much easier to maintain with balls in the house vs having to go to the park etc.

Always was a big dog fan and not one of little dogs until we ended up with one because of my wife. Now I'm very partial to them as they travel better and are much easier to maintain with balls in the house vs having to go to the park etc.

I know how that croc feels.... I mean here I am looking at so much "raw" material to drag over to "that thread".... but I don't eat junk-food, so you live another day.

;):D

Hawks, Big Owls and Coyotes are a problem with owning small dogs. SW OR USA. No crocs. Elsewhere on Planet Earth I understand not to pet the wild dogs. They tend to run in packs. One is not a problem per say. Twenty and they will eat you. Yikes! :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top