JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need to get some myself. I don't have a clue what to buy. I wish I knew of a shop near by that has surplus magazines for testing! Magpul is a no no people are saying

well, I still have not gotten to try these out.. PSA has got to be the slowest Merchant I know. they finally shipped but still wont get here till late next week.

Own 10. I think 4 needed filing on the rear lug to get them to fit into my WASR 10/63 and NPAP. Believe I've managed to shoot 6 or 7 fully loaded Croat mags and didn't have any feeding issues. BHO works and is pretty distinctive.

Aesthetically, I like the bluing but they are a bit blockier than standard surplus and there are some very mild gaps between rivets on a couple.

That said, I think they're good-to-go, dependable mags after you get them fitted. I just happen to prefer surplus Hungarian/Polish at the same price point. BHO is nifty, but it ultimately doesn't do anything past letting you know at a glance that you're definitely empty (since the bolt rides home once the mag is released anyways). When the answer to both empty and (most) stoppages is "dump mag, insert fresh mag, charge" what then is the point of BHO if it doesn't lock the bolt to rear?

Lastly, if you do those "tacticool" reloads where you knock out the empty mag with a fresh one, that empty BHO mag WILL have the added pressure of the bolt+recoil spring pinning against it.. Ends up requiring a fair bit more force to knock out than a standard mag. If you use that method, you'll probably mess up and/or wear out/dent your magazines sooner.

Last Edited:
mine came the other day and they fit very tightly in my SLG-21 but its a good tight, 0 wiggle at all.
I also see what you mean about the hold open, i was a tad startles when I popped the mag out and that bolt slammed home.:)

My AK is near completion. GB and FSB have been installed. Other parts have arrived and are getting put in place. My last purchase was for a cleaning rod. My conversion cost was near $550 with optic and mount

My AK is near completion. GB and FSB have been installed. Other parts have arrived and are getting put in place. My last purchase was for a cleaning rod. My conversion cost was near $550 with optic and mount
It would be cool to see a thread with pics describing your process

Here's a list of parts. Not all on hand as of yet.

Stock Adapter
Buttstock
Grip
ALG AKT-E trigger
Performance hammer spring
Bullet guide
Bulgarian handguard retainer (installed by GS)
Gas Tube (in the raw)
Handguard and top cover
Bulgarian Gas block (installed by GS)
Legion 24mm Front sight (installed by GS)
Muzzle Brake
Attero Bravo mount
Primary Arms MDADS

Additional
Cleaning rod/kit.
Polish magazines

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show