JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been noticing an increase in the number of posts both here and on other gun related forums that are knee jerk reactions to outdated Senate bills or news articles/polls. I know we all care about our rights, and we want to do everything we can to protect those, but it would behoove everyone if we took a breath and used some critical thinking before posting. There are several reasons to do some quick research before posting "urgent" notices to everyone. Some of these reasons are: you can look uninformed if the Senate bill never existed; Lurkers may get the wrong idea of our forum; it isn't good for your health to get so worked up about something that doesn't actually exist.

I know a majority of people on these forums are not fans the current administration, but just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that chain-letters about them are true. If a friend sends you something that sounds outrageous and get's your hackle up, you may want to do some independent research and see if it's true.

Or maybe it's just me.

The thing that led me to write this is that 2007 poll about the 2A giving us gun rights. It says right in the URL that it's from 2007, and it would only take a few seconds to check that.

Jordan, this isn't about finding facts to back up your discussion points, this is more about saying "ZOMG, Obamas AG is going to ban all guns, knives, and ammo according to this e-mail I got from my brothers ex-wife's cousin!!!" It only takes a minute or two to check out google (or yahoo or Bing or whatever you want to use) to make sure that the thing you are getting so worked up over is a "real" thing.

Some people are worried about the future of this country. They know that those who would take away our Rights and freedoms are just laying low for the time being. When these termites feel the time is right for action they will strike with a full-court press, using their mouth piece media as point men. You can count on it!!! That is the reason for some people reacting to ANY anti-gun talk. They are basically "Shooting first and asking questions later!"

This administration is the most corrupt we have ever had. Everything in our lives is being affected and infected. Critical thinking in this situation is just for fence sitters. The real critical thinkers have allready started peacefull protesting or "critical action".

jj

Just because this administration doesn't agree with your views does not make them the most corrupt. Or are you ignoring the previous administrations blatant disregard for laws and morals (warrantless wiretapping, habeas corpus, torture, sex with interns, watergate).

If you had used critical thinking (i.e. research) you would know that the current administration isn't even close to the "most corrupt".

I was against the last administration and more so this one for their corruption. You may be able to overlook the corruption which makes your critical thinking suspect to agenda. Try listening to Glenn Beck for the truth if you can handle it.

jim

Just because this administration doesn't agree with your views does not make them the most corrupt. Or are you ignoring the previous administrations blatant disregard for laws and morals (warrantless wiretapping, habeas corpus, torture, sex with interns, watergate).

If you had used critical thinking (i.e. research) you would know that the current administration isn't even close to the "most corrupt".

And..of course..ACORN..was never a CORRUPT organization either.. That was all just "knee jerk" reaction..by the "vast right wing conspiracy"...:s0131:

Not that I'm saying that BHO..whose ONLY experience was with that wonderful orginization..could possibly be corrupt..

The current President is just the latest imbecile in a long line of imbeciles. I'm not sure that there has been a President in my lifetime who was like Washington, Jefferson, Franklin or others of the Founding Fathers who really honestly wanted the people of America to be free!

Problem is you can find facts for whatever argument you have to make. I don't think there is anything people can agree on that is more complicated than the boiling point of water... :(

Well now, since the boiling point of water varies with the elevation and also the ambient barometric pressure, let's get it on. :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top