JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've decided to put a new laser on my g23 and 21sf. I will do the sf first and see how I like it.But I'm having a hard time deciding wich to go with.If anyone has tried them out,please let me know how you like them or not.It will be one of the two,I dont really want one on my acc rail.Thanks for any input.

I haven't used the lasermax but the crimson trace adds a little too much bulk to an already bulky gun. However, crimson trace has great customer service and I have no idea about the lasermax. Kinda neat that it's all internal though.

I have a Crimson Trace on my Ruger .380 Auto LCP, and its great. I looked long and hard before I decided on a laser and I am happy with my decision. I plan on adding one to my .45 cal Glock soon.

Went to the range today and put the gun in the hands of someone who has never shot a gun before and they shot center mass at 10 yards,first 6 shots.

Good luck with your choice!

- G

I have the Lasermax in my Beretta 92FS. It replaced a trigger guard mounted laser. Much better. Still ambidextrous. Close to the barrel so accuracy is better for a greater range.
No special holster needed. Flashing laser has a much faster acquisition time.

I have a Crimson Trace on my Ruger .380 Auto LCP, and its great. I looked long and hard before I decided on a laser and I am happy with my decision. I plan on adding one to my .45 cal Glock soon.

Went to the range today and put the gun in the hands of someone who has never shot a gun before and they shot center mass at 10 yards,first 6 shots.

Good luck with your choice!

- G

++1 I have 2 crimson lasers on my ruger lcps and me and my wife like them alot they are spend but are the way to go

I was wondering about adjustment.also if the lasermax may affect reliability its out.The glock is very reliable,and I know it will always go bang when I pull the trigger.I wasnt aware the lasermax replaced the factory spring.

I've changed recoil spring and guide rid in every glock I've owned (about 10) and not one had an issue. Not saying a Lasermax won't cause issues, but in general, changing the spring and rod never has caused a problem....over about 2500rds between all of the Glocks.

the ct grips add to an already bulky gun

and the lasermax you have to turn on and cost more than the gun

i own a set of ct grips and love them
but for the glock i dont think either is a good choice

Lefties can't use the CT, but the Lasermax is inherently ambidextrous.

I put a Lasermax in my Glock 36 because the whole point was its slimline design, so I'm not about to bulk it up with anything external.

There is a valid concern that a battery-cap failure could *possibly* disable the gun, but what can you say about the gaping void between the theoretically possible and the reasonably so?

It was expensive and I'm not sure that I'd buy it again, but if I had to hit a target at long range with my short-axis CCW pistol, that laser is about the only way I'd be likely to succeed.

where would you turn on the lazermax? it has to be turned on and off?

Finger tip button. It fits me nicely. My index finger rides along side until ready to fire. Pushing the button if needed works pretty naturally.
Should my strong hand be disabled, it works equally as well with the other hand.
Lasermax DOES change out the recoil spring. I don't buy into company ads.
I don't and it doesn't. I have one in mine and it does use the factory spring. Guide rod swap only.

Lefties can't use the CT, but the Lasermax is inherently ambidextrous.

What?????? The CT works Left or Right handed no problem. I know nothing about the LaserMax other than what I have been reading in this thread, but I do know that I now really perfer the CT over the LM for 2 reasons. I personally don't want to mod my handgun internals to accomadate a laser and I don't want to have to train myself to turn the laser on.

The CT comes on whenever you grip the handgun with either hand. That's it! I dont want to have to think about activating my laser with some additional switch or finger move that requires me to think about it at possibly the worst moment of my life. If you dont want the CT to come on you can just relax your middle finger a little bit (I can hear the remarks on that already) and it turns off.

I have seen working displays for the CT at Federal Way Discount Guns and Wholesale Sports (Old Sportsmans Warehouse) in Federal Way.

Doc, either way you will probably be more than satisfied with either system. I believe the laser sight is an invaluable tool for all personal defense handguns. Just put the dot on the spot and pull the trigger, regardless of stance or body position. That red or green dot on a criminals chest might even make the need to pull that trigger go away. Good luck to ya!

- G

I saw in the catalog that most of the Ruger P models were listed for the crimson trace, but the Ruger P95PR15 was not. I was wondering if a laser grip is made for this model. Anyone know? Thanks for any help!

I've got a Lasermax guiderod laser in my XD45 Compact. This is a version that replaces the guiderod and captive spring assembly. The 'switch' is a sliding bar located in the center of a special takedown lever - which just happens to be exactly where your trigger finger indexes if you practice good trigger discipline. Centered it's off, push it either way and it's on. I have more than 5000 rounds through this weapon with the laser installed and nearly 8000 rounds total. The gun has never had a single failure to fire for any reason. Zero malfunctions. The laser has also never failed to work, except when I've run the batteries flat while on the range. I like the fact that this is a pulsed laser, until you've seen one there is no way to convey how much easier it is to 'pick up the dot' than with a constant-on laser. You cannot help but have your eyes drawn directly to it. Being very close to the bore axis it's pretty much nuts-on until bullet drop becomes a factor at longer ranges. As far as I'm concerned the only downside to this laser is short battery life. The version for my XD45C uses the smallest batteries of any Lasermax product and battery life is about one hour with the laser on with fresh batteries. I use 'range' batteries for practice and always carry with fresh ones. I buy batteries in 20 packs on eBay for well under a dollar each, and this laser takes a stack of 4 batteries. I also swap in my stock guide rod when at the range and not using the laser. I didn't do this for the first year and a half or so but I recommend it now as it only takes 10 seconds and saves abuse on the recoil spring. If you get one of these lasers keep an extra battery cap on hand and replace it as soon as it shows wear. My laser is on it's original battery cap and still works perfectly except that I have to be extra-careful when re-installing the guiderod. It's time for a new battery cap, $9 if I recall correctly. I like this laser very much and would buy another in a heartbeat. Lasermax's customer service is also very good.

For the record: I also have Trijicon green/yellow night sights installed and recommend them for every carry gun. Get tritium night sights first, then buy a laser. Oh, and ignore all the old codgers on gun boards that tell you lasers have no place on fighting weapons: They are old dogs that are unwilling to learn the new tricks that may very well save their lives. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top