Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crimson Trace Grips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rickstick, Mar 15, 2011.

1. rickstick

rickstick Issaquah New Member

Can an average guy put CT Grips on by himself? Is there a better option than CT?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Can you take your grips on and off? After that it's just a simple adjustment to zero the beam

3. kenjo

kenjo Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes. No.:twocents:

4. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Easy as pie to put them on my Smith and Wesson 442. Once you install them you will see how much your hands jiggle around. You can improve your aim trememdously if you shoot Bullseye with a .22.

5. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

Their customer service is the best. I had a set of grips got ruined from no fault of theirs and wanted to know if they'd repair them. They sent me a new set and it only cost me $13 shipping there.

one word of advice: get the front button if possable the side button is harder to engage.

And so you know the batteries add to the girth of the grip so if the gun is already almost to big for your hands it will be with the CT's

6. phocid

phocid Portland, OR New Member

Definitely. As can an average woman. I got the front activation grips, and they're fantastic.

I think that if you want grip activation, CT is your only option. I had a revolver, briefly, with a laser that required button activation. Traded it back in within a year.

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

For my guns (autos) I like the side activation type with an on off switch as I have limited use for a laser.. basically firing around a corner if need be, without exposing much of my anatomy

For my gal and her backup gun ( S & W M649) the front activation with no switch is perfect, since it's a backup and belly gun for close range use, and her eyesight is not perfect

8. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

CAN YOU, AVERAGE, are all strange words, to most gun owners.. I one word answer.. YES.

Personal choice may show different brands and types (mounting systems) for lazers to be better suited to each individual.. FREEDOM of Choice and opinion. Remember the lazer does not make the shooter better. It only helps to point at the target, when adjusted properly.

9. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

They are very easy to install. Very simple with basic manual dexterity ability. There are other brands, and CT does not have a set of grips for every brand of gun.