JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been considering buying a Crimson Trace Laserguard for my Kahr P9. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do they continue to hold zero over time or shift around with the laser point of aim? Any help would be appreciated.

Had one on my G26 a while back and it held Zero as long as I had it. I have a CT grip on my Model 66 Snubbie .357 that also holds zero, forever. Had this for over 5 years. I would not worry about them being knocked off of POA unless you somehow dislodged it from the mount. My opinion and experience but would love to hear if others have had different experiences...

Thanks Mike... The CT LaserGuard has a unique design in that it attaches to the trigger guard rather than a grip replacement. I was not sure if holstering th eweapon might affect the zero or possibly knock it off zero due to screws loosening due to recoil, etc...

My G26 was the same design as you have described. It still was consistent in POA. ALso had one on a PF-9 for a while but only put about 100 rounds through that gun before selling it. Probably put around 700 rounds through my G26 with the Laserguard on it with no problems. My revolver grips are a completely different design, but the LaserGuard seemed to allow the trigerguard to slide into a channel of the laserguard and hold it well. Give them a call with your concerns. They are located locally and have GREAT customer service. I have worked with many of the Management personel previously and they are all stand up guys, and produce a quality product.

Thanks again Mike, I may have to pick one up. I appreciate the comments. Was their anything you found awkward in the operation of the Laserguard versus the grip based laser grips on your J-frame?

I have one on my PF-9 Kel Tec. I have put about 300 rounds through it and it has never moved. I really like it. I believe that it attaches the same as on your gun, with the laser under the barrel and wraping under the trigger guard to the button on the grip. I have nothing but good things to say about the Crimson Trace service. They have been great on answering my calls when I has questions on cleaning it.

I was taught to clear the holster with you trigger finger pointed straight down the gun, just under the slide. This would block most lasers out there, but not the one for the PF-9.

Nate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads