JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now I can start on my single crimp:rolleyes:

Finally figured out the Hornady 45/70 cases are a tad short.

IMG_0151_zpslpg8ulsr.jpg

Might be able to fix it by pulling out the decaping pin in the sizing die and resizing. Should make it fit a chamber. Or pull the bullet and start all over. I seat the bullet to length first then do a separate crimp press, backing off the bullet seat so you don't have the crush from the top.

I had one of these in my box the other day at the range. I couldn't figure out why it was in there. Maybe to remind me to watch my reloads and keep an eye on everything? Then somehow it got loaded into the rifle. Only found that out after my buddy was like "this round won't chamber".

Friends don't check your reloads.
(.38 special)

Ah....I think you're running your brass a little high in the die. There's an awful lot of leverage in the last bit of the stroke on that handle. You won't be feeling much resistance as you get to the roll crimp. If you didn't already realize, it's important to have brass to within +/- .002 or less to get uniform roll crimps. I messed up some .38 special learning the lessons.

No it didn't feel like I was putting a lot of pressure on the handle, was kinda surprised it buckled up so much. Backed it off a bit and the rest turned out OK. I'll get the hang of it yet:D

In my limited experience, if there isn't a canalure(! sp) ...It messed me up when I bought some Berry's for .38/357, didn't work for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top