JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am seeing various MFG crimping 223, what's up with that?

I expect it on 556 but I've seen some Lake City Match ammo that's not crimped.

FC marked 223 is wearing out my arm.
LOL

Crimped primers I assume? As far as I know Lake City Match has never been primer crimped, 5.56 or 7.62. I would imagine that right up to the point where the powder goes into the case the brass and primer can be used for 223 or 5.56 so a little crimped brass on the 223 assembly line is ok by them.

I agree.
When you are cranking out ammo 24/7, you save money by changing and re-tooling as little as possible.
Then again, I really suspect sometimes the manufacturers just love to "play games" with reloaders.

I agree.
When you are cranking out ammo 24/7, you save money by changing and re-tooling as little as possible.
Then again, I really suspect sometimes the manufacturers just love to "play games" with reloaders.

Yup they DO! Want you to buy not make.

I use a Dillion swager, but my Gal got me a case prep center .

It comessage in handy, but I can do crimp removal 3 times faster on the dillon and more consistent .

Tell me about it!! Got blisters on my fingers from reaming 600 rounds of 223 by hand last week...
I primarily bought from freedommunitions because they were cheapest (and appeared to be good quality), and they crimp their brass. Now that I reload, I think I may check with Nevada ammunition and bitethebullet to see if they crimp their primers... Not to mention after their recent price hike freedom isn't the cheapest girl in town anymore.
Just bought a couple thousand rounds of PMC for .25 per round, crimp free! Looking forward to using that brass.

I will share this as the best and fastest trimmer I ever used ( except for the Dillion ) and at 70 dollars I love it!

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews