JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cuts To Mason Co. Sheriff's Office: Criminals 'Expect A Lead Enema'
Posted: 4:45 pm PDT April 9, 2009Updated: 1:28 pm PDT April 10, 2009
<broken link removed>

MASON COUNTY, Wash. -- Mason County Commissioner Tim Sheldon said a budget crisis means the sheriff will have cut $382,000 from its budget which the sheriff said could mean up to five deputies yanked off the road.

The commissioner said he's confident Mason County residents can defend themselves from criminals if necessary.

"It's always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there is no bag limit," Sheldon said.
:s0001:

Sheriff's officials said they believe commissioners need to reconsider the cuts to the sheriff’s office and not condone vigilantes.

"We're just not a community of vigilantism, and no responsible politician is going to encourage vigilantism," said Dean Byrd of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheldon said he's just warning criminals that people in Mason County have guns and know how to use them.

"You might expect a lead enema. I'm telling you, people in Mason County are fed up with crime. They know how to protect themselves," Sheldon said.

Residents don’t want to see any cuts to the sheriff’s office but said they are prepared to defend themselves if it comes to that.

"It's not a question of if you are going to have to but when you are going to have to," said Mason County resident Ron Adams.

Sheldon is also a state senator. Despite his comments, he said he does not want people to take the law into their own hands.

Damn, this is just across the border from me. Sounds like a place I'd like to live!

You see this a lot in the mid-west.
You always have two sides the people who see the truth and politicians.
But even if peole "protect" themselves they still have to worry about the judge and jury.

You lose either way.

The Sheriff in Ohio said something similar after budget cuts. He said "I'm arming my family, I suggest you do the same."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top