JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this guy not only shot his buddy, his other buddy also illegally purchased the firearm...which was stolen!!! Yet somehow all charges are dropped?!?!?!

ive put a few Glocks together....you have to screw up REALLY bad to get one to fire with pulling the trigger, as in ive never actually seen it happen...ever.

It doesn't.

I did not think it was possible, but I do try to refrain from making absolute comments.

try as I might I don't think I would be able to get it to do that on purpose, especially if "waving it around" is supposed to be the trigger...they're pretty damn idiot proof if you know how to keep your booger hook out of the trigger guard

I know firearm safety rules quite well, the operative word is firearm. Not everything that looks like a gun, is a gun.

And likewise plenty of things that can deliver a lethal projectile don't look like like a firearm, but that's not really the point.

I taught my girls from the time they could talk that if anything is pointed their way that even resembles a firearm, vacate the area IMMEDIATELY!

And this case is a perfect example of that. Just because it's "ASSUMED" safe, sure don't mean it is......and that's how people get killed.

I'll also add-

The word "ASSUME", has absolutely NO place in ANY conversation where firearms are concerned. It's akin to "COMPLACENT", another no-no where firearms are concerned.

Last Edited:
ive put a few Glocks together....you have to screw up REALLY bad to get one to fire with pulling the trigger, as in ive never actually seen it happen...ever.
It doesn't.
I did not think it was possible, but I do try to refrain from making absolute comments.

try as I might I don't think I would be able to get it to do that on purpose, especially if "waving it around" is supposed to be the trigger...they're pretty damn idiot proof if you know how to keep your booger hook out of the trigger guard

It can happen with Glocks that have had the trigger system modified. It CAN happen very easily.

The geometry that keeps the cruciform on the trigger housing shelf is dead certain safe in a factory gun. But there are vids out there that show how to modify the system to take up some of the pretravel and also to have a shorter trigger pull. However, as you pin the trigger back farther, you are moving the cruciform back on the shelf towards it's firing position where it falls off the shelf and releases the striker. JohnnyGlocks.com has a published video on doing extensive safety checks on the Glock after any trigger mod, and explicitly states that all mods should be done by a Certified Glock Armorer. Scared me right off doing mine!!! Yet, lots of people do it because the system is easy to modify. I'll stick to replacing a connector, or adding a complete new trigger from a well known manufacturer.

Nevertheless, all safety rules apply to all firearms all the time.
'
IMO, it should be up to the relatives if they want negligent manslaughter charges... the state may see wiggle room and say they can't prove their case, I wonder how the parents of the dead guy feel???

Last Edited:
As long as they keep letting people get away with this it will only continue with more frequency.
Who is the 'they' that let them get away with this?

No one was supervising their actions, a 'stolen' gun purchased (and probably illegally), the gun 'modified' (which I interpret as someone trying to turn it into FA) total disregard for gun safety, imitating 'rap' video acting, etc.

There is no 'they' that is going to prevent this kind of stuff.

Remember the video of the woman in the car a couple years ago who shot her passenger in the head because they were 'playing' with a gun?

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The woman who shot a man in the head while they were broadcasting on a Facebook Live stream
Terrifying Facebook live footage shows three irresponsible people playing with a loaded hand gun

Last Edited:
You can't make something Foolproof because fools are very very resourceful, and...

Also, only manslaughter charges are being dropped... Won't change the fact the idiot is likely to become a frequent repeat customer of the criminal justice system.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top