JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Completely off-topic for a firearms website, I know, but how can the US justice system be taken seriously? Look at football players. Michael Vick kill some dogs (yes, its despicable) and gets almost two-years. Dante Stallworth gets sauced and kills a pedestrian. He gets 30 days. Plexico Burress shoots himself in the leg with an "illegally" carried firearm and will probably get 2 to 3 years.

This is ridiculously unbalanced. Kill a domesticated animal and get two years, carry a gun, two to three years. Kill a human? 30 days actual confinement and house arrest. WHAT A JOKE!!:s0146:

Completely off-topic for a firearms website, I know, but how can the US justice system be taken seriously? Look at football players. Michael Vick kill some dogs (yes, its despicable) and gets almost two-years. Dante Stallworth gets sauced and kills a pedestrian. He gets 30 days. Plexico Burress shoots himself in the leg with an "illegally" carried firearm and will probably get 2 to 3 years.

This is ridiculously unbalanced. Kill a domesticated animal and get two years, carry a gun, two to three years. Kill a human? 30 days actual confinement and house arrest. WHAT A JOKE!!:s0146:

I think they got Vick on a few more charges than killing a couple of dogs. Stallworth paid off the dead guys family so they wouldn't press charges..quarter mill I here. Plexico should be jailed for being stupid, if nothing else. Truth is money buys, and some of these over paid ball players have enough to get out of most any jam they might get in to. Setting a fine example for the kids that watch sports.

Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture

Thats what Vick was convicted of. Because the public in this country convicted Vick in the court of public opinion, prosecutors tried to include RICO statutes in his case (racketeering). I agree that Vick did a dispicable thing, but to get a heavier sentence (at least in terms of actual confinement) that someone who killed a human? Can anyone take that seriously? One more person tells me that killing a dog is the same as a human and I'm going to smack them upside the head.

And Burress was stupid, no doubt, but stupidity (at least without a victim) should not be a criminal offense in this country. A player feels he is in danger, team-mates have been victims of crimes and no-doubt he has received threats, so he has the audacity to take his safety into his own hands? How dare he.
If he got popped for discharging a firearm inside city limits or reckless endangerment (misdemeanors), that would be more understandable. You cannot tell me that just because someone is rich, they should be forced to turn over their protection to hired bodyguards. My life, my responsibility.
Was he stupid for shooting himself? Yes. Definately. Was he feloniously criminal? NO!

People that fight dogs should be made an example of IMO. And Plexico has shown that he can not handle a gun, couldn't get a chl if he wanted to with his rap sheet, so best off buying protection. He could have just as easily shot someone else as himself. And you left out Stallworth, the guy that bought off the family of the guy he killed. Seems like the justice system is for sale to me, look at the OJ trial. Hope you didn't side with that bum.

People that fight dogs should be made an example of IMO. And Plexico has shown that he can not handle a gun, couldn't get a chl if he wanted to with his rap sheet, so best off buying protection. He could have just as easily shot someone else as himself. And you left out Stallworth, the guy that bought off the family of the guy he killed. Seems like the justice system is for sale to me, look at the OJ trial. Hope you didn't side with that bum.

They should be punished, but their crime is not as bad as killing a human being. If you think it is, wow. I love my dogs, I'm upset when they pass. But I'll be way more upset when my dad passes.

Here's a good summary of Burress's legal troubles prior:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxico_Burress
None should be disqualifying offenses for a CHL. Domestic disturbance issue was resolved. Civil suit not an issue. Traffic violations? I have had those and have my CHL. In fact he had a Florida CHL that had only recently expired. Might want to double check your facts before assuming someone is a hoodlum. Also, should anyone with a accidental/negligent discharge be disqualified from owning or carrying guns? If so, I know of a few gun shop owners and scores of cops who would be looking for new employment. If you believe that, do you also believe anyone who has a speeding ticket or accident should be barred from driving?

And read my original post. I believe I referred to 30 days actual confinement for killing someone as a joke, so no Stallworth did not escape my attention. In fact it was this ridiculously light punishment that angered me. Like I said, two years for killing dogs, 30 days for killing a person. Ridiculous.

They should be punished, but their crime is not as bad as killing a human being. If you think it is, wow. I love my dogs, I'm upset when they pass. But I'll be way more upset when my dad passes.

Here's a good summary of Burress's legal troubles prior:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxico_Burress
None should be disqualifying offenses for a CHL. Domestic disturbance issue was resolved. Civil suit not an issue. Traffic violations? I have had those and have my CHL. In fact he had a Florida CHL that had only recently expired. Might want to double check your facts before assuming someone is a hoodlum. Also, should anyone with a accidental/negligent discharge be disqualified from owning or carrying guns? If so, I know of a few gun shop owners and scores of cops who would be looking for new employment. If you believe that, do you also believe anyone who has a speeding ticket or accident should be barred from driving?

And read my original post. I believe I referred to 30 days actual confinement for killing someone as a joke, so no Stallworth did not escape my attention. In fact it was this ridiculously light punishment that angered me. Like I said, two years for killing dogs, 30 days for killing a person. Ridiculous.

Look Mountain Bear, I don't think that we are that far apart here. Stallworth should have done time, and the same with Vick. Plexico should stay away from guns, and it's a shame that these guys have to throw away everything they have worked so hard to get. :)

what you dont understand is that Drinking and Driving is more acceptable to the public. Especially since alot of people drink. They may not drive, but it could be just time before they do.

ive always said its way easier to "murder" someone by a car then with a gun. you can see how too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top