Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crime and punishment

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Fitting end to a barbaric crime, and other news items

"... With co-author Alan Gottlieb, I wrote about this monstrous crime in the prologue of our book America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age. When we dug into the details of this act of barbarism, it took overwhelming self-control to keep writing and not simply yell “Get a rope and find a tree limb!”
    Fitting end to a barbaric crime, and other news items - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Or try this:
    Fitting end to a barbaric crime, and other news items - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

3. silentslammer

silentslammer east oregun Member

In multnomah county thats called "diversity":( or at least we should form a council to understand why they did that and how we can prevent it from occuring again:huh: did racism make them do it or a social injustice of sort:rolleyes:

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Hang 'em.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You forgot "tolerance".:laugh::laugh:

It's too bad they can't tie him up in a building and torch it. Seems fair to me.

6. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I don't get how even the most hopeless youths can choose gang life over, well, LIFE. We saw it in South Central LA, and now we're seeing it in N. Mexico. These boys - not men - choose death or incarceration over normalcy, and they apparently do so not out of suicidal self-disregard, but out of a desire to actualize themselves by going out in a blaze of glory. Sort of sounds like your average Middle Eastern suicide bomber, no?

The Mexican gangsters revere John Wesley Hardin, seeing the killing as the end in itself, devoid of any context of revenge or conquest or justice. Murder empowers; death is life. You don't reason when there are no reasons.

The question is, how do we defeat the evil without becoming the evil? I for one do not believe that we will ever successfully imprison our way to freedom, torture our way to justice, or kill our way to peace. I see no way out.