Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Credit Card Knife

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Burt Gummer, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

2. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

Nice but don't keep it in your wallet if you are getting in a plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  3. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I bought it just because. Should have it by Tuesday. I also saw the same design on ebay for $2 shipped. Hope I didn't get burned!!!! Ha Ha! Looks like something fun to break out just to see the reaction to you folding a credit card into a tool. "get that zip tie for ya mam?"

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

No you didn't get burned. There is a cheesier version out there. The 'version 2' is made better and has a blade retainer.

Although the $2 one might be a great gift item.

5. Krey

Krey Portland Member

Got it free from Survival Life, shipping was essentially $2. sat though some promo stuff online. Pretty flimsy but in a pinch would do the job, or could do a job

6. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I got one of these for Christmas. It's not exactly a tool, but it comes sharpened and when you fold it up it is sturdy enough to use as a knife as long as you don't try to use it as a pry bar.

Very convenient, being able to carry it in a wallet. Very easy to forget about, too. I would imagine those little plastic bins at the airport and courthouse will be home to many of these.

7. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I ordered 2. They were both fakes.

I had owned an original way back when (that I can't find) and remember how bleeding sharp it was. These new versions were not that sharp. Did some research and found this: Counterfeit Iain Sinclair Cardsharp2 folding safety knives | Product Alert Clearly mine were fakes.

Check the link out, they have Eotechs on there as well and tell you how to discern the fakes. I squealed and got a refund. BTW, I do appreciate the heads up on a good deal Burt, no worries there, this stuff happens. Anyway, heads up fellas.

bellarum and (deleted member) like this.
  8. bellarum

Uhhhh. The one I bought that Burt posted is ALL sorts of fake. Sad but true. EVERYTHING billcoe posted is exactly what this POS is. It is just crap. Oh well just a couple of $ lesson. Guess I'll do some actual research before parting with my $.

9. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Lane County, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep, I bought the bogus ones too. 3 of them. Still a functioning tool. Just not the quality I thought I was getting.

10. bellarum

I went back to ebay and let them know about the counterfeit and that the $8 wasn't worth burning calories and gas to return it. Seller refunded my $ and pulled the listing. Now the seller has the $29 one listed. I gave the fake away with the actual description of it being a knockoff. Click on the OP's link above.