JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long title. I am now in the process of making up about 4 smaller type wildfire bug out bags for my close neighbors and friends. Seems there was enough stuff already on hand there and here to do most of it. Add some new bottled water and some cheap canned goods and we are nearly there.

Some friends want different stuff in the duffel bags. Some do not like canned goods. Others shine off the whole reality of being pretty much surrounded by three big wildfires. Illinois Valley SW OR USA. A few have no cars. How far should I go to try to cater to their particular whims and wants?

Some are practically in wheel chairs. How far should I go to try to help my friends. Or ... should I just make contact with the few good social services in town to arrange for other means to evac everybody I know? How much of my brothers keeper should I take on? The fires creep closer.

Such community contact SHOULD have been done months ago but was not. Our whole neighborhood in still on evac level one. It would take the closest fire a long way to work its way into our town. My failed feeble point is do not take too long to get ready. Some on this forum had to boggie very fast.

Long title. I am now in the process of making up about 4 smaller type wildfire bug out bags for my close neighbors and friends. Seems there was enough stuff already on hand there and here to do most of it. Add some new bottled water and some cheap canned goods and we are nearly there.

Some friends want different stuff in the duffel bags. Some do not like canned goods. Others shine off the whole reality of being pretty much surrounded by three big wildfires. Illinois Valley SW OR USA. A few have no cars. How far should I go to try to cater to their particular whims and wants?

Some are practically in wheel chairs. How far should I go to try to help my friends. Or ... should I just make contact with the few good social services in town to arrange for other means to evac everybody I know? How much of my brothers keeper should I take on? The fires creep closer.

Such community contact SHOULD have been done months ago but was not. Our whole neighborhood in still on evac level one. It would take the closest fire a long way to work its way into our town. My failed feeble point is do not take too long to get ready. Some on this forum had to boggie very fast.
I think I like that option in bold. You can't save everyone. But doing what you can is just a decent way to be. As far as catering to whims......I think not. No, I think not at all. Charity is just that. You get what you get and be happy you got anything whatsoever.

And an aside I keep meaning to order some filtration masks for my family. They could come in handy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top