JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I've been trying to add an avatar to my profile and it keeps cropping the edges. I've tried an image from 200x150 down to 150x95 and it still drops off the right and left side. DPI is 72 and file size is pretty small. What is the avatar editor looking for in an image so I can save a complete image? Thanks.

Mike

If you need to resize or otherwise edit photos, you can also download FastStone Image Viewer for free. It's one of the best freeware image editors I've seen, and I've been using it for close to 15 years now. You can make all sorts of corrections/edits as well as resizing - single images and batch processing. It's not Photoshop, but it is quite powerful for what it is.

Upvote 0
Your image editor's setting sounds like it's trying to save "aspect ratio".
So try turning that off and key in the largest size that the avatar will take.
I think that the avatar wants to be square in size.

Upvote 0
Sizing and working with the image isn't a problem as I use Photoshop CS2 (an older version but still a goodie). I've used a version of this image on a number of forums as an avatar in the past, but you might be right about the aspect ratio, DirectDrive. I'll take a look at that setting and try again.

Thanks for the suggestions and if that doesn't work I'll try something else. :) Thanks

Mike

Upvote 0
Well, I got it to fit but it's a bit scrunched. I had to not use pixel and actual use in inches for height and width. I'll have to play with to see if I can get the aspect ratio dialed in as it image should be a smidgen longer. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads