Question Creating Avatar

Mike97124

Reactions
I've been trying to add an avatar to my profile and it keeps cropping the edges. I've tried an image from 200x150 down to 150x95 and it still drops off the right and left side. DPI is 72 and file size is pretty small. What is the avatar editor looking for in an image so I can save a complete image? Thanks.

Mike

etrain16

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Meet & Greet
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
If you need to resize or otherwise edit photos, you can also download FastStone Image Viewer for free. It's one of the best freeware image editors I've seen, and I've been using it for close to 15 years now. You can make all sorts of corrections/edits as well as resizing - single images and batch processing. It's not Photoshop, but it is quite powerful for what it is.

DirectDrive

Reactions
Your image editor's setting sounds like it's trying to save "aspect ratio".
So try turning that off and key in the largest size that the avatar will take.
I think that the avatar wants to be square in size.

OP
Mike97124

Mike97124

Reactions
Sizing and working with the image isn't a problem as I use Photoshop CS2 (an older version but still a goodie). I've used a version of this image on a number of forums as an avatar in the past, but you might be right about the aspect ratio, DirectDrive. I'll take a look at that setting and try again.

Thanks for the suggestions and if that doesn't work I'll try something else. :) Thanks

Mike

OP
Mike97124

Mike97124

Reactions
Well, I got it to fit but it's a bit scrunched. I had to not use pixel and actual use in inches for height and width. I'll have to play with to see if I can get the aspect ratio dialed in as it image should be a smidgen longer. Thanks for the help.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    1911 guru!
    Tim Copeland rebuilt and refreshed an old Colt 1911 Gold Cup for me that needed all new springs, new extractor & replaced a loose ejector. Found...
  • 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
Top Bottom