JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, Spring is around the corner and lots of folks just got .22 Christmas presents that need food.

A couple years ago I started a thread to post up when you see .22 for sale to help people who can't get out during the early day to find it.

It was pointed out a few times that doing something like that in a public forum was akin to telling all of the scalpers where to go before shooters could get to it.

Having said all of that, I have rethought about the issue and would like to start a private conversation that we can invite folks that have been members for awhile or are posting good content, to help them find .22 when it is available.

I was thinking of a Conversation where anyone can invite others at thier own discretion and people can just reply to it when they see extra on the shelf.

IF you would like to be invited to the conversation then please, post here your desire to be added and we will get you in the convo within 24 hours or so (just to give the rest of the community time to out known resellers).

You can opt out of the convo at any time obviously.

Bimart and Fred Meyers are the only two I know that put out what they get when they get it.

All of Sportsmans Warehouse per corporate ruling on the subject is on an allotment system. They get all of their shipment on Wednesdays, thats all of the stores in this area, all of them get their shipments on Wednesdays, they inventory the 22 and rimfire, and put out so much in 4-6 intervals throughout the day through week. There is a discretionary pile for employees to purchase from and to give out to "favorite" customers.

As far as I am aware, as I have no inside knowledge however, that Cabelas started following this method as well.

I can not speak for any of the smaller shops in town, however when I see 22 at those shops it is 150%-200% over what the big stores are selling it for.

I'm in Hillsboro but go to Newberg Bi-Mart all the time. Last time in there was no .22 on the shelf and I just kind of muttered under my breath to the gal at the counter, "got any .22"? She reached down on the floor into a box behind the counter and handed me a box of 325 Federal.

Hmmm, well I didn't realize there is a 6 person limit in the convo's so I'll have to think about this a bit more and see what I can do.

@Joe Link,

Would it be an easy fix to allow me to invite more people to a single conversation or should I think of something different to make this work?

Hmmm, well I didn't realize there is a 6 person limit in the convo's so I'll have to think about this a bit more and see what I can do.

@Joe Link,

Would it be an easy fix to allow me to invite more people to a single conversation or should I think of something different to make this work?

If he can't fix it for you, perhaps as the site owner he has the option to do larger numbers and maybe he can open that convo?

I was also thinking about a sub forum that is invite only but that sounds like a lot of work.

I was just trying to set something up for those people that have kids and can only get out on the weekends to be able to find cheap ammo for plinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top