JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this, but as I'm browsing the classifieds section, I often run across threads that have been "closed" by the original seller-- they say the item has been sold--, but the thread is still open (it's not locked). I've often had the thought, "I could just close the thread and help everyone out".

Why not create a vBulletin usergroup where the only extra allowed action is locking threads in the classifieds section? You could then start to dole this out to a few specific members who want to help lock classifieds threads that are done. There would be a strict policy-- you can only lock threads where the original poster clearly specifies that the item is sold, traded, or otherwise gone.

I think this would help the classifieds section be more useful, since it will be a lot easier to tell if an item is still available when searching and browsing the forums.

Thanks. :)

Just use the report function (little triangle with exclamation point in it) that is on every post, and we will take care of it.
I go thru them occasionally myself and close the ones that hav'nt been.

Just use the report function (little triangle with exclamation point in it) that is on every post, and we will take care of it.
I go thru them occasionally myself and close the ones that hav'nt been.

If that would be helpful to you, I'll do that on classifieds threads that should be closed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top