Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Create usergroup to allow selected members to lock threads in the classifieds section

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Boomerang, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this, but as I'm browsing the classifieds section, I often run across threads that have been "closed" by the original seller-- they say the item has been sold--, but the thread is still open (it's not locked). I've often had the thought, "I could just close the thread and help everyone out".

Why not create a vBulletin usergroup where the only extra allowed action is locking threads in the classifieds section? You could then start to dole this out to a few specific members who want to help lock classifieds threads that are done. There would be a strict policy-- you can only lock threads where the original poster clearly specifies that the item is sold, traded, or otherwise gone.

I think this would help the classifieds section be more useful, since it will be a lot easier to tell if an item is still available when searching and browsing the forums.

Thanks. :)

2. Phrank

Phrank Forest Grove Active Member

Or maybe an auto-close after a certain amount of time with no reply's / bumps? Thread owner could always re-open I'd guess.

dakaham and (deleted member) like this.
  3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Just use the report function (little triangle with exclamation point in it) that is on every post, and we will take care of it.
    I go thru them occasionally myself and close the ones that hav'nt been.

4. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

If that would be helpful to you, I'll do that on classifieds threads that should be closed.