JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will go first ...

My new to me girl friend came over to the condo to meet and greet others. The others left. She decided to meet and greet me. Things got very carried away. We were both young and foolish.

There was a big banging on the door. "BANG, BANG, BANG!" I was no way going to open that door. My new to me girl friend then softly told me ... "It is probably my husband!" OH Shieet! Indeed!

It worked out OK but at that time I thought I was going to die. :)

Late one night, a group of us we're heading to another party when Lynyrd Skynyrd came over the radio, I yell good song, turned it up and my foot hit the floorboard.

Unbenounced to me, the road that I was on soon came upon a sign warning or railroad crossing. I figured no big deal because I didn't see a big pump normally seen at a railroad crossing.

I alerted everyone (there were four of us in my 78 F100 shortbrd pickup) to hang onto their beers we might hit a bump. As we neered the said RR tracks I didn't see any humps or bumps so I continued the pour on the gas and jam to Lynyrd Skynyrd. No kidding it was FREE BIRD!!!!

The closer we got I did not see any road on the other side of the tracks when I hit it and we became airborne. The road was a downward sloping hill. It was like slow motion as the truck made the General Lee look wimpy. It seemed like forever before we touched pavement and when we did the truck bounced from the front tires then the back and we launched it again. We all about soiled ourselves........:eek:

To say the least I spilled Nary a drop of my beer but the other two girls and my buddy were drenched cuz they had mugs & I had a bottle.

Folks, I thought for sure that truck was going to roll and kill us all but you know the old saying if "I'd have been sober we would have been seriously injured or died."

Yeah, young & dumb & full of stupid.....:rolleyes:
I've learned a few lessons since then and cringe when I think back to the 70's & early 80's.

Last Edited:
Me...somewhere on the island of Fiji coming back from Suva and upside down...as the van we're in is rolling over, making it's way down the embankment...just after having left the pavement at 50 m.p.h. :rolleyes:

Everybody walked away but we were certainly banged up. However, it turns out that Fiji is one of those countries that automatically views you as guilty if you're involved in an accident...and especially if you're a tourist and they think you have deep pockets. Our driver told us to leave before the police showed up. Nobody argued.

I rolled my S2000 down an embankment and ended up upside down wedged up against a tree but honestly never really feared for my life. I'm sure all 4 wheels were off the ground when it left the road sideways. Another crazy story......

me and two buddies got drunk at dukes bar and grill. 3AM hits and a taxi is 3 hours away according to the cab company.

we start walking down divison(?) when i find a guy dumping gas into a 90s honda accord. i asked him for a ride...in spanish, he told me he doesnt speak english... so, i asked him, in spanish for a ride to super 8 motel on 181st. he agreed. he ran a red light and cross traffic (45-50mph zone) BARELY missed us. like inches infront and behind us. he asked me if the light was green and i said no it was red.

danced with the devil that night.

that was the last time i went out in the portland area(anything north of woodburn i call portland lol) i dont do well in large cities lol

I was dating a girl when i was 18, she was 17...smoking out (way out of my league) we were in her basement "watching a movie" and using whip cream and strawberries in the best way possible.
Her dad and mom were up stairs. Her dad was 6'6" and probably 280lbs. Very intimidating large German man.

I was scared out of my mind, but I wasn't willing to stop

In the early 70's spinning out on the top deck of the Marquam Bridge during a heavy rain. Someone changed lanes right in front of me and I hit the brakes to avoid hitting them. I swerved left, then right, then spun around ending up facing the oncoming traffic. I was sure I was going to go off the bridge but didn't. I quickly turned my car around in the direction and proceeded shaking like a leaf. I consider myself very fortunate that that was all that happened.

Another one also in the early 70's riding in a friends '60 Ford Galaxy a very similar situation on Dodge Park Road. He spun out and the road was a vertical hill on one side and a vertical drop off on the other. The car was as long as the road is wide. Still to this day I don't know how we didn't go into the Sandy River but I am glad we didn't.

My guardian angel must have been watching me. I also have had a few other brushes but don't want to bore you with them.

Back in the day ('60's), lived in Eastern Pa., headed to Cecil County Drag Strip. That country was made up of long rolling hills, maybe a mile to two miles crest to crest. I was headed down one side and decided to pass about three to four slow cars in front of me, when the front car (and the reason everyone else was slowing) decided to slowly make a left hand turn onto a dirt road. I remember very clearly deciding that it would be better to side swipe the car next to me rather than T-bone the car making the left. Thankfully, the car next to me figured it out and let me in.

No injuries, unless you count my skivvies.

Stopped a convenience store robbery with my P89 against 3 bad guys.

Kicked down doors and drug people down the stairs of an apartment on fire.

Rolled a Nissan truck down a mountainside.

I'm too tired to get into the details. The apartment fire was the worst due to the smoke. Second story door kick ins and no way to avoid it. BTW, just a civilian here.

Performed CPR on a guy for 6 minutes. He lived. I didn't think I was going to die, but sure put things into perspective.

me and 2 friends as teenagers,and one large German shepherd dog, bombing down a snow covered dirt road in eastern Oregon in the middle of winter in my friends dads, WW ll willeys jeep with a hard top cab,, my friend loses control, rolls off the side of the road into the river, we land upside down on the top in the frozen river. The ice cracks and the cab goes thru the ice, somehow we all got out and no one drowned.

Another one for me. This one was very scarrry indeed. A railroad propane car derailed and got hit from behind hard by another rail car. There was a fairly good puncture in the propane tank. This was in about 1975 before major safety improvements.

The leaking propane car was on its wheels off the tracks just North of a High School. School was in session. Our job on Engine One was to set up a Stang heavy appliance on the car. Fog stream. I remember watching the propane cloud get bigger and bigger.

Hugging the ground traveling with the slight prevailing breeze looking for ANY ignition source. We had to place that pipe close. I was sure the propane would explode the railroad car. There was a definite pucker factor setting up that big fire hose stream.

Nothing happened. The propane never ignited. But we did have fun using just about every available fire company evacuating the high school and all the homes for blocks around. Not would have helped if the tank car had blown up. Long ago far away.

I remember the fear. Also remember just sucking it in and taking a big breath and continuing on with the job. "Go Game HB" I kept telling myself. Later the fire department paid for a private company to teach us how to fight propane fires. Also scary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top