JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Idea; Taking a DPM pancake magazine(60rnd cap) and modifying it to mate to my PSL. Yes, the mag is intended to sit on the top of the receiver and be gravity assisted, but I do like a challenge. Plus I'd never have to change a mag at the range with that thing.

Take note that this is coming from the guy who made a very workable 10 round M44 Mosin-Nagant. I love the odd ball mods.

I think with some careful fabbing I can make it work. There are no natural obstructions to the large drum since the feed mechanism actually sticks out past the curve of the assembly. The only issue is creating a double stack mating surface that will lock into the PSL and not cause any rounds to bind up. I'll be ordering 2 of the drums since I can get them cheap. A bit of experimentation may yield a working prototype.

Pros;

Higher capacity
'because I can' factor
less need to switch mags during plinking sessions

Cons;

Feeding reliability
possibility that it will never work
waste of cash
they're all gonna laugh at me
this thread will fill with 'why would you wanna...'
makes a heavy weapon just that much more difficult to carry

Whatcha think?

why not man? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Worst case, you are out a drum, maybe a regular mag (for the mag tower or feed lips) and some parts from the hardware store. A drum fed PSL could be fun. Would be really really fun on a 16" barrel bumpfiring SOB. I have done some kind of dumb things just to see if I could. I have also done some things that turned out really really cool just to see if I could do it and if my theories would work. I say do it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top