JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. But unless you are "in the field" for an extended period of time and using the light/laser for longer than the life of the battery, I don't think you would need spare batteries.

My intended use of a WML/laser would be around recharging sources and for very short periods of time. Where I require long life of batteries would be for non-mounted light sources, such as the O-Light Baton S2R light I carry in my pocket for general illumination. I would only use the WML for a few seconds, certainly no longer than a minute or two if mounted to a handgun. For a long gun then having replaceable batteries is good, but even then, I would be using them for a short time and then, if applicable, plug them back into a charger.

If SHTF, I am not going to be using a WML/laser for longer periods either. If I need a light for a longer period of time than a minute, I would be using a handheld or helmet/hat mounted light light my Baton and set to a really low level.

If they took the idea from Streamlight and made their lights "dual fuel" capable, being they could use off the shelf 123A's or alkalines in a pinch they would be much more diverse. But they are good lights and reliable from my experience.

If they took the idea from Streamlight and made their lights "dual fuel" capable, being they could use off the shelf 123A's or alkalines in a pinch they would be much more diverse. But they are good lights and reliable from my experience.

Some OLights do that, but not their WMLs? I have not delved into it. I have OLight handheld flashlights, but not their WML. I have a number of Streamlights WMLs with lasers and one Surefire WML without laser. Surefire are the best, but are they 2-3X better given their much greater cost?

Completely unrealistic and unfair comparison. Paintball is NOT like real firearms. 5000 rounds a weekend is 4900 rounds of spray and pray. Yes, I've played plenty. No, I would never compare it or the gear used to real firearms.
There's a difference between paintball in 1990 in the woods on 25 acres and arena paintball in 2010. It's why I stopped playing.

Nope no argument. I love the laser. Great for sound shooting in a dark house. Got my dog last night rooting a hotdog on the floor. Maybe a burglar next time. Yup love shooting at what I can't see. Red dot won't work at night and your slide will destroy it in short order. Stick with iron sights. Most self defense is under 10 ft. I'm a freakin' sniper at 10 ft. 20 ft is a drug deal gone bad. Be aware
This one has 24,000 on it but I have recently changed it for a closed emitter sight. And the light sure makes it easy to shoot at night...

image.jpg 1377D5BB-8057-4147-995B-4D4D466FBDF9.jpeg

I have a couple Streamlight 88058 that use either a 1 x CR123A, 1 x AA alkaline, or 1 x AA Li-iON. It is nice since I have several hand held flashlights that use AA batteries as well.

Wow! That must be one of those burning lasers like in James Bond films (j/k).

Reminds me of this 22lr I saw on hk forum. It's a $430 gun with $1400 worth of accessories and tax stamp. Doesn't make sense to me. I would rather spend that $1400 on a mp5 9mm clone instead of accessories for a 22lr. But to each their own I guess. I do understand expensive 22s for guys that are into ultimate accuracy for competition etc but this is not that type of gun at all.
EF8B8182-31F2-415B-887A-F3128291E706.png

I have a Crimson Trace on my 686 snubby. That's my EDC as well as well as the gun that is within reach from my bed at night. My glasses are also within reach. But what if home invader was actually at the bedroom door and there was no time to put on glasses? Without glasses, I can't even see either sight or the end of the barrel when gun is extended. Without the glasses the laser dot is a huge obvious blob about four inches across at ten feet. Very easy to see at any distance without glasses. A red dot would be useless because I wouldn't be able to see even the sight let alone the dot without glasses. In actuality, if I can extend the gun so its on the line of sight, I can shoot good enough for close range self defense without sights or glasses. But only good enough for chest shots. Not good enough for reliable head shots over the ranges relevant to inside my home (up to thirty feet). If I'm in a strange position and can't extend gun to a more natural shooting position, the laser is especially useful.

If I'm carrying and experience an unexpected attack in which the bad guy punches me and my glasses are broken or flung off, similar situation. I would likely be shooting from the ground without my glasses. And the laser sight would be helpful. No other sight would be.

All you guys who advise using sights when shooting in SD situations and who are sneering at laser sights please realize that for at least some people who wear glasses, in a SD situation that stripped us of our glasses, its a laser sight or no sight.

There's an added advantage to a laser. If you are shooting from the right side of cover, such as from a bedroom door frame down a hall to the left, if you can shoot with gun extended in right hand but dont need to bring gun to line of sight between gun and target, you don't have to expose nearly as much of your head or body.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top