JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The implication is individuals either never learned manners (breathe through your nose) or have never evolved (physiologically) and thus being stupid/uneducated, breathe through their mouths.

Skiing is elegant.
Snowboarding is for mouthbreathers.

Don't forget window-lickers... :eek:

Not too sure where you're coming from. 5 of my 6 kids snow boarded....very elegantly. two served their country and all are college grads. Lan' sakes! I reckon we all be mouth breathers!

That joke is clearly told from the dainty skier's perspective. :)
As a fellow snowboarder, it's kind of funny.

A couple friends and I were out shooting on public land one afternoon many years ago, in the hills outside of Veneta. It was coming on evening and we were packing up and putting our guns and gear in our rigs. A big old pickup comes roaring up and stops. A couple guys and a young gal fall out, stumbling as she buttons her pants.

They were all clearly plastered. One of the guys walks right up to me, "Hey man! Where's the party? Whatcha drinkin'?"
I think he mistook the large, stainless steel revolver I was holding for a beer can. I stated to tell him that we were just leaving, when he realized it was a gun and not booze that I was holding, and all three somehow piled back into their truck and left just as fast as they had arrived. It was weird; we all just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Another time, also many years ago, I went camping with a large group over in Eastern Oregon. It was my friend's group that he'd known forever, but I only knew a couple of guys. It was a group of mature adults, not wild kids. There were professionals, even a couple of retired guys. I think one guy was a retired fire chief or something.

It surprised me that some of the behavior was, well, less than safe. At one point we were in one guy's truck driving around on back trails shooting at squirrels and birds in trees, from the back of a moving truck. I should say they instead of we, because I was not participating. Beers were being passed around, including to the driver. After a bit we were on the county road, a truck full of guys with guns, and a driver at the wheel who'd had too many. I felt like I'd stepped into the Twilight Zone. I finally worked up the nerve (and disgust) to tell the driver to stop the truck, that I'm getting out and walking back to camp. A couple other guys got out at the same time I did.

Looking back, I should have been much more forceful about putting a stop to it, but it was an awkward situation and I'm not a confrontational type. I tell that story to my kids, as an example of how otherwise normal, seemingly reasonable people can get comfortable doing things that can get them in serious trouble, and it takes one person with the nerve and principles to put their foot down and say STOP, this is wrong!

Last Edited:
Yeah, people are getting increasingly stupid.

Last year we had a massive forest fire in my area that was started by morons shooting tannerite in bone-dry woods. Idaho tried to pass legislation outlawing the use of tannerite in the forests during fire season. It failed.

I'm torn on that one. On one hand, I don't want any more laws concerning firearms, but on the other, I hate to see my beloved forests burned down due to mouth-breathing Jerry Springer guests with no common sense making stupid decisions.

Satuday we were shooti g in the upper pit in Darringtonn a group in the lowernpit was shooting a lot and had some tennenite. They let one go and a piece of shrapnel came flying up it to the upper pit and lander right in the middleof the for of us
About hit my foot. They were about a hundred yards awsy and then tjeir tsnninite was another hundred yards or so. 20190420_211832.jpg

If it had more vel9city and hit someone in their neck or head it could of been fatal.

I always pick.up garbage from the average joe blow every time I take my grandson shooting which is every weekend from spring until snow comes and we canxt get back in the woods. This is from last Saturday.
20190420_183247.jpg

A we had a complete jack bubblegum experieance about five weeks ago. A tweeker with a Fn and a sks. If no one else was there it would of been a good time to eliminate one bad apple.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top