JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Governments job is to fund police and fire services first, but they continually make other pet projects that buys them votes priority. Sadly Mike, I think your statement is correct.

The trick many politicians do is the cut funding for police and fire and stick that money in a terrible pet project fully knowing that the public wants police and fire services well funded and will pay extra to get it. The net loss for taxpayers is that we pay more for less services.

The real goal for all taxpayers should be to completely do away with politician salaries. It would reduce the tax burden, reduce the draw from worthless turds to get elected and help ensure that politicians who are elected are more successful individuals who can actually bring experience to the table because the whole time they are volunteering as a politician they have to have support themselves financially.

I generally despise public sector employees (I am one myself as a teacher) if we operated like the private sector the wheat would be separated from the chaff real quick.

So the wife and I went looking around for cool spots and decided to go to one of favorite spots up Gooseneck Creek Rd.

We get part way up and pull off before it gets to BLM so my wife can take pictures of the landscape and mushrooms growing. We hear gunfire the entire time out into the forest. Sounds like some people having a good time, no problems there

As we walk back to the car I hear gunfire coming from the street, not the forest and it's a guy in his truck driving down the gravel road firing his gun into the open, just past us.

Seriously WTF are people thinking? It's bad enough people target shoot at that spot because there is no good stop and bullets just go into the canyon where people work/live/hike, but just firing into the unknown not looking to see he was practically firing over my head.

I'm still kinda pissed off, people are gonna get my rights taken away because they can't be trusted to be responsible.

Sadly a lot of gun owners are their own worst enemies. Trashing places they shoot, shooting signs they do not like, or doing what you saw here. All of this makes people who may not be anti gun, but do not own guns, go all in on shooting being done away with in places like this. Then the ones who screwed it up are the loudest complainers.

Sadly a lot of gun owners are their own worst enemies. Trashing places they shoot, shooting signs they do not like, or doing what you saw here. All of this makes people who may not be anti gun, but do not own guns, go all in on shooting being done away with in places like this. Then the ones who screwed it up are the loudest complainers.

Adult children... irresponsible boyz with toyz.

Mouth breathers

IMO people keep saying this distasteful term. You should know that there are those of us that are simply out of shape or have heart problems and need just a little more air intake than the average yahoo.

We live in an age where there are more and more uneducated and disrespectful shooters and hunters out there, making the rest of us look terrible.

I think that it's not that some hunters are uneducated that causes problems, it's simple misbehavior. With the exception maybe of shooting at metal objects, folks know what they are doing is wrong, and they delight in it.

Those ranchers here, that didn't sell hunting privileges, closed all their land to hunting because of gates left open, trash left, fences broken, fields torn up by tires, signs shot up, farm animals killed or wounded, shooting toward buildings/homes, etc.

Whooppeee! Yahoooooo!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, people are getting increasingly stupid.

Last year we had a massive forest fire in my area that was started by morons shooting tannerite in bone-dry woods. Idaho tried to pass legislation outlawing the use of tannerite in the forests during fire season. It failed.

I'm torn on that one. On one hand, I don't want any more laws concerning firearms, but on the other, I hate to see my beloved forests burned down due to mouth-breathing Jerry Springer guests with no common sense making stupid decisions.

My first time trying to find the shooting area up gooseneck I took a wrong turn and ended up going up finn road. I got cornered by a meth head and his tweaked wife in a bronco who decided to try and trap me in while I was turning around. They screamed at me telling me they would shoot me if I came up there again. I should have called the police that day but I just left. I think theres a large drug OP up there. Could be the same people?

My dad lives 12 miles away in Idaho and he has a sweet range with an indoor shooting bench and spotting scope in his shop. You open an exterior door and there are targets at 25, 55, 100, and 300yds.

I usually go there.

But, he is a cranky old bastage half the time and if I want to avoid the drama, there is a gravel pit just a couple of miles out of town that I can go and shoot at.

Others also use it, but you wouldn't know it. I find the occasional casing, but garbage is never left and it looks pristine. Warms my heart to see other shooters in the area conducting themselves in a positive manner.

Not surprised by this at all. When I lived in Dallas I used to go up Gooseneck Rd and shoot. It was always a bit sketch. Too many people up there and very few backstops. Once I was shooting an AK and a guy came by on a mountain bike and almost peed his pants. Just not worth it.

Please elaborate.. zombies maybe??

The implication is individuals either never learned manners (breathe through your nose) or have never evolved (physiologically) and thus being stupid/uneducated, breathe through their mouths.

Skiing is elegant.
Snowboarding is for mouthbreathers.

This is why I joined Tri-county.
After my first run in with the forrest tweakers, we always had someone with a long gun on watch while shooting.
Ultimately, I got tired of having to leave someone on guard while changing the targets up by Silver Falls in Battleground.

Adult children... irresponsible boyz with toyz.

IMO people keep saying this distasteful term. You should know that there are those of us that are simply out of shape or have heart problems and need just a little more air intake than the average yahoo.

I think that it's not that some hunters are uneducated that causes problems, it's simple misbehavior. With the exception maybe of shooting at metal objects, folks know what they are doing is wrong, and they delight in it.

Those ranchers here, that didn't sell hunting privileges, closed all their land to hunting because of gates left open, trash left, fences broken, fields torn up by tires, signs shot up, farm animals killed or wounded, shooting toward buildings/homes, etc.

Whooppeee! Yahoooooo!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yep, Iam a rancher. Going through the turkey season now. What a nightmare , only trouble comes from the west siders . Sorry .

Anybody who uses the FS70 site outside of Greenwater, WA, has seen two or three of the usual sites closed and blocked off by ecology blocks. One of them wasn't safe, as errant bullets would have to pass over people shooting at the main site. There are a couple of other sites in the area, though none offer more than 70-80 yard shots (if you go back into the woods).

Side note: A ranger stopped to chat with my son and I last time we were shooting at an alternate site in the National Forest and asked us not to use an old interior door to hang our targets, saying: "A lot of old paint has lead in it and the lead could get into the groundwater and impact fish." Hmmmm. I guess lead-core bullets are OK, though?

Anybody who uses the FS70 site outside of Greenwater, WA, has seen two or three of the usual sites closed and blocked off by ecology blocks. One of them wasn't safe, as errant bullets would have to pass over people shooting at the main site. There are a couple of other sites in the area, though none offer more than 70-80 yard shots (if you go back into the woods).

Side note: A ranger stopped to chat with my son and I last time we were shooting at an alternate site in the National Forest and asked us not to use an old interior door to hang our targets, saying: "A lot of old paint has lead in it and the lead could get into the groundwater and impact fish." Hmmmm. I guess lead-core bullets are OK, though?

If i remember correctly, it's the white lead oxide that is toxic, used in paint. The elemental variety is relatively safe (unless it's moving fast :D).

"There are idiots, there will always be idiots...try not to let them affect you too much"...that is a paraphrase of a statement I tell my wife since she has to work with state employees...there are some good ones though. Also, I substituted 'idiots' for my usual term that rhymes with 'bass pole'.

The scary news I learned recently is that 'the human population has doubled in the last 50 years' ...and the jerks always ruin it for the good folks...just the way it works, terrible. I noticed something similar to this in grammar school: the kids that were always getting in trouble got to have jobs for half their school day and attend classes the other half. My family had little money; I was a good kid and the bad kids got the jobs/money and a break from school! :rolleyes:

If i remember correctly, it's the white lead oxide that is toxic, used in paint. The elemental variety is relatively safe (unless it's moving fast :D).

Anyone know why Washington law prohibits shooting over water? I've never seen any wording of the law that distinguishes between shooting over a lake, for example, versus shooting across a little creek between me and a deer or elk.

The implication is individuals either never learned manners (breathe through your nose) or have never evolved (physiologically) and thus being stupid/uneducated, breathe through their mouths.

Skiing is elegant.
Snowboarding is for mouthbreathers.
Not too sure where you're coming from. 5 of my 6 kids snow boarded....very elegantly. two served their country and all are college grads. Lan' sakes! I reckon we all be mouth breathers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top