JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check this out..I`m thinking of buying this guys really nice rifle in 284 win, about 10 days ago ammo was in the 38/40 for 20 rounds...check out this price now ....just crazy, and as of now all the ammo that was listed is now gone, the only loads I can find are made by Hendershots ( awesome stuff), and Ventura Ammo..( also good stuff)..it seems that HSM/Winchester etc have dropped producing it.....

I don't mean to 'whip a dead horse' but when considering a gun in an unpopular, vintage or otherwise difficult to find caliber reloading is about the only option.
Yup for sure, but 2 weeks ago there was a ton of ammo for it listed and it all seems to have gone even most of the stuff on gunbroker, what is left is ridicules, lololol. and yes we all should reload...or be like Andy and shoot black powder.

Jeeze, that's just crazy! Where did it all go/who bought it all up to make the others crank there pricing up. Weird!

Before "this crazy" I bought some 7.5 Swiss from SGammo at around $.74/rd. Just a touch more than decent brass. So I figured "what the heck", got it for blasting away & fire forming at the same time.

Now that same 7.5 Swiss is $.90/rd (+ship), & available. Which, although high comparatively, is reasonable given "this crazy".

That .284 tho, DANG!

Jeeze, that's just crazy! Where did it all go/who bought it all up to make the others crank there pricing up. Weird!

Before "this crazy" I bought some 7.5 Swiss from SGammo at around $.74/rd. Just a touch more than decent brass. So I figured "what the heck", got it for blasting away & fire forming at the same time.

Now that same 7.5 Swiss is $.90/rd (+ship), & available. Which, although high comparatively, is reasonable given "this crazy".

That .284 tho, DANG!
Yeah your right, where did all the ammo go, did they just pull it off the shelf or did it all get sold, I cant even find any brass for it, again except for vastly overprced gunbrokerdotcom stuff, but your right why did it almost triple in price in just under 2 weeks? God hates me I guess lololol.

Yup for sure, but 2 weeks ago there was a ton of ammo for it listed and it all seems to have gone even most of the stuff on gunbroker, what is left is ridicules, lololol. and yes we all should reload...or be like Andy and shoot black powder.

$40/box is $2/rd.

I checked a load book, this will use 50-60 gr of powder depending on bullet weight, I expect a lousy price for the bullets to be around 40c each and a primer about a nickle. A pound of powder will load up about 125 160 grain bullet hot loads, that's about 32c in powder where the powder is sort of a bad deal at $40/lb. So, if you got all the worst deals in reloading components (and you'd have try to achieve this) it's about 80c per shot after rounding up. That $40 box of 20 buys 50 reloads (and the reloads shoot better).

Hey I could shoot a 50 BMG for less! $84.99 for 20 is stupid.
Kind of like the auction that closed last week where a case of 9mm 115gr FMJ went for $648 + 30 shipping before you add the sales tax!
Just plain stupid pricing

Hey I could shoot a 50 BMG for less! $84.99 for 20 is stupid.
Kind of like the auction that closed last week where a case of 9mm 115gr FMJ went for $648 + 30 shipping before you add the sales tax!
Just plain stupid pricing
I know, I was paying I think 146/155 for 1000 rounds of 115 gr fmj (S&B), ABOUT 2 YRS AGO NO TAX FREE SHIPPING, NOW GOOD LUCK FINDING ANY , and it costs 360 plus tax/and a stupid cost of shipping, and I heard rumors that big brown might stop shipping ammo, because,...well... black lives matter...WTF is wrong with America these days.

Last Edited:
Reloaded this stuff when I had a Winchester model 100 in that cal. Ammo is a premium as they seasonally produce it, in other words they make 1 or 2 runs of it a year. Try finding .307 ammo Yes I said 307 reloaded it as well had a 100yr ann. Win. model 94 in that one.

Last Edited:
That is the kind of thing you might find a box of laying on the shelf of some off the beaten path gunshop with a 10 year old price tag on. Sometimes you have to dig past the new stuff to find the oldies pushed further back. Even if it has a 10 year old price tag on it, I have found shops are more than happy to get rid of it with a chuckle.

$1 per round 9 mm !

Incredible! A buddy of mine is looking for some 9mm.
He didn't stock up all of last year when I was buying ammo ftf here for very reasonable prices.

I told him I'd watch the forum and keep an eye on prices. Today, I got an email from Ammunition Depot - $1/round 9 mm!! Granted - these are all FMJ and come with "free" containers. :eek:

1596382649170.png

$1 per round 9 mm !

Incredible! A buddy of mine is looking for some 9mm.
He didn't stock up all of last year when I was buying ammo ftf here for very reasonable prices.

I told him I'd watch the forum and keep an eye on prices. Today, I got an email from Ammunition Depot - $1/round 9 mm!! Granted - these are all FMJ and come with "free" containers. :eek:

View attachment 730226

Those are factory HSTs. They are premium self defense ammo. Though not that expensive in the past, it seems reasonable in today's market.

I went to a local store yesterday and bought these factory seconds federal 40sw. The ones bullet up had absolutely nothing wrong with them. The others had tiny nicks or fingerprints on them.

20200802_103736.jpg 20200802_103708.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads