JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those are factory HSTs. They are premium self defense ammo. Though not that expensive in the past, it seems reasonable in today's market.
I bought 1k for $250 right before this nonsesnse started. Now granted the store was using a heavy discount for federal at that time, but $.80 s round was the going rate for ages. Side note, that ammo is what I carry in my edc guns.

Those are factory HSTs. They are premium self defense ammo. Though not that expensive in the past, it seems reasonable in today's market.
Actually still way over priced. HST and Gold Dot go for $800 (0.80 cents each) all day long elsewhere. I can get the price AND pay the tax and shipping for 0.80 each. $1 a round is a rip off.

BTW if you look around your shou;ld be able to get HST for around $650 to $700 a case. Still more than the $410 a case I bought 5 cases of last spring.

Actually still way over priced. HST and Gold Dot go for $800 (0.80 cents each) all day long elsewhere. I can get the price AND pay the tax and shipping for 0.80 each. $1 a round is a rip off.

BTW if you look around your shou;ld be able to get HST for around $650 to $700 a case. Still more than the $410 a case I bought 5 cases of last spring.
Yeah I know ammo for my 7mm Rem Mag has gone up over 30% in just the past 30 days, and a lot of rounds that my rifle likes is out of stock.

Yeah I know ammo for my 7mm Rem Mag has gone up over 30% in just the past 30 days, and a lot of rounds that my rifle likes is out of stock.
Only 30% my you are in good shape if you can find it.
Just did a search for the heck of it for 380 Auto, so glad I got what i needed this spring.
CCI Blazer FMJ 380 is going for almost $700 a case after you add tax and shipping! That's crazy. Sure 380 was usually a bit more expensive than 9mm but that price is 120% more than what I paid 10 months ago and more than double what I bought a couple of weeks ago!

That's where I'm at. I load my own for most everything I have, and what I don't have dies for I have several hundred factory brass to "unload" and just need dies and projectiles.

Check this out..I`m thinking of buying this guys really nice rifle in 284 win, about 10 days ago ammo was in the 38/40 for 20 rounds...check out this price now ....just crazy, and as of now all the ammo that was listed is now gone, the only loads I can find are made by Hendershots ( awesome stuff), and Ventura Ammo..( also good stuff)..it seems that HSM/Winchester etc have dropped producing it.....

This sounds like my dilemma. I had the choice of a Marlin 30-30 or .375 Winchester for the same closeout price in 1980 ($169). I bought the .375 because I was young and wanted more power. I liked the idea of the .375. Several years later, they stopped producing the .375 and prices were up to $150 a box on GunBroker.

They started producing again and continued new runs every 7 years or so. Now they are fairly easy to find and the last box I bought was less than $37.

I would hope that would be the case with the .284 Winchester. It was an underappreciated, but not unpopular cartridge. Good luck.

A DOLLAR A BULLET FOR FMJ?!!? Prices at CheapnDirty today:

CheaperThanDirt 1.jpg CheaperThanDirt 2.jpg

"Out of stock" is getting depressingly common for components.:(

I have 14# of powder on its way from Graf's [Am. Select, Herco, H335, HS-6, Titegroup] and some bullets from Scheels [Sierra, Hornady and Berry's for 9mm, .223, .45colt]. First order ever from Scheels, but "out of stock" is getting so common I started casting a wider net.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top