JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This isn't the stove but it's what they used to power cars on during the war when gas rationing was limited to 1000 miles per year, I plan to build one soon.
there alot of videos on youtube, and people are powering cars and generators with them. Heres the link, it's referred to as a gasifier. <broken link removed> them.

Any idea on charge rate. If size means anything I doubt that that generator will charge a AA battery very quickly. Anyone locate any specifications ?

I hook my smart phone to a solar charger every night when I go to bed. Nada. Nothing. Maybe if I sat up all night and tended that small fire it would work? :)

I hook my smart phone to a solar charger every night when I go to bed. Nada. Nothing. Maybe if I sat up all night and tended that small fire it would work? :)

I just invented a lunar charger you interested?

I'm also working on a device that would convert women's nagging into clean power also. I think it will change the world. Just think about it, you hook up a sound proof mask to the wife's face and bam, instant power.

Really interesting idea, I'd never heard of rocket stoves. Think I'll wait for some reviews on the biolite. Cool idea if it works.

This place sells just regular stoves: Official Home Page of the Best Rocket Stoves on the Planet - Welcome to StoveTec

Info on the tech: Rocket Stove Design Base - Home

This is very old technology. Look at this Dakota fire pit. You can make it by digging a couple of holes in the ground. It's the very same idea as a rocket stove.

Dakota Fire Pit - YouTube

if you dont get one your woman will leave you for some one who will these will become the new diamonds and id bet eventually the guy who has one of these amazing stoves playing some slow music will give her a pearl necklace ...... just sayin some food for thought

Just glanced at the site. Seems feasible, for what it is. But I doubt that very much power is produced. I have a fan on top of my wood heater that uses the Peltier-Seebeck effect to turn a temperature differential into electricity. But it's a pretty weak fan. The same principle and similar device also works to turn electricity into a temperature differential. That's how those little "mini-fridge" coolers that plug into your lighter socket work. I have one of those, too. No mystery here, but don't look for very much power.

Anything is possible. I think the bottom line would be cost effectiveness. I have a hunch that solid state devices employing the Peltier-Seebeck effect may not be all that efficient as generators. Otherwise, thermal generation plants would use them in place of multi-stage steam turbines. There's more to this story, for sure.

The two I reserved were delivered awhile back. Let a friend use one during hunting season with very good reviews. Very well built and sturdy. There are smaller and lighter jet stoves out there....but none that generate their own power. Good little camp stove. Once fire gets going the fan really picks it up and gets the fire roaring. Do keep plenty of "biomass" on hand to feed the little bugger. Surplus power did keep my friends Iphone going during his trip. Never topped off the battery....but never had a dead one either. He was gone for a week. The thing is no nuclear reactor by anymeans....but is nice to have a little juice being generated to feed the GPS or phone.

They are a great little stove, and do charge the phone. You do have to keep feeding it with little chunks of wood. It burns them hot and needs to be fed often. It seemed to take twice as long as they said to boil water, but it was still pretty fast.

I will concur with the couple of reviews from people who have used these. I used one on a trip a while ago. Build quality is good, but it's bulky and fairly heavy. I will charge devices, but you have to have the fire to a certain temperature to charge, and it's not a super quick charger. The blower gets even the littlest fire roaring inside, and you have to keep feeding it a lot! It does what it advertised and is a pretty cool device, just be ready to babysit it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top