JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

I haven't even seen one yet. In fact, a compact wood stove that produces electricity to a USB port sounds kind of crazy. If it's not a hoax, I'll wind up with one for sure, can cook and keep the i-tunes going when the electricity fails:) I suspect everyone else in the Pac NW gets aboard too, we have wood coming out of our ears.

$129 bucks when they come out. 2lbs, 1 oz.

Crazy awesome.

:s0044:
<broken link removed>

I haven't even seen one yet. In fact, a compact wood stove that produces electricity to a USB port sounds kind of crazy. If it's not a hoax, I'll wind up with one for sure, can cook and keep the i-tunes going when the electricity fails:) I suspect everyone else in the Pac NW gets aboard too, we have wood coming out of our ears.

$129 bucks when they come out. 2lbs, 1 oz.

Crazy awesome.

You're going to have iTunes after SHTF? :s0044:

That's actually pretty cool...

I use a solar charger for my mobile media machine. It's a netbook with ~220gigs of music and videos on it with a battery life of ~10 hours of playback.
Great source of music while camping with friends or watching a movie with the gf while out and about.
This little woodfire stove would be a great additional charge option.

:s0114::s0114::s0114:
:s0044:

You're going to have iTunes after SHTF? :s0044:

LOL! YES! Come by and I'll play my Barry Manilow tunes for you. Mandy, Looks like we made it...etc etc etc etc. You can come close to duplicating this right now with a solar charger and a soda can rocket stove. They'll get a roaring firing made of twigs to cook on. Info to make one: Simmering Soda Stove info to buy one: Rocket Stove Design Base - Home

Solar charges go for @ $40 and up although you can spend more for one than one of these stoves go for. Then you'd still have all the Manilow classics for those cold dark nights....".This One's For You, Looks Like We Made It, Can't Smile Without You and the ever popular Copacabana (At The Copa)"

.....Jus sayin....:s0114:

:s0114::s0114::s0114:

LOL! YES! Come by and I'll play my Barry Manilow tunes for you. Mandy, Looks like we made it...etc etc etc etc. You can come close to duplicating this right now with a solar charger and a soda can rocket stove. They'll get a roaring firing made of twigs to cook on. Info to make one: Simmering Soda Stove info to buy one: Rocket Stove Design Base - Home

Solar charges go for @ $40 and up although you can spend more for one than one of these stoves go for. Then you'd still have all the Manilow classics for those cold dark nights....".This One's For You, Looks Like We Made It, Can't Smile Without You and the ever popular Copacabana (At The Copa)"

.....Jus sayin....:s0114:

If all there is left for me to listen to is Berry Manilow I think I would eat my .44. :dynamite:
On a serious note, I have 3 solar panels that I got from West Marine a few years ago. 1 is actually OK and is enough to keep a 12volt from discharging.
The other 2 are small and the only thing I imagine they would be able to charge is a hearing aid battery - which I do not need..just yet, and if all there is going to be is Barry Manilow I think I would let the batteries die.

Interesting concept which has been around at least 30 years (heat to electricity) What I have a hard time figuring out is how they are going to do anything about the health risks of burning wood if they are burning wood.

Interesting concept which has been around at least 30 years (heat to electricity) What I have a hard time figuring out is how they are going to do anything about the health risks of burning wood if they are burning wood.

The filter on the side appears to reduce the amount of smoke that is let into the atmosphere.

The exhaust from the turbine is fed directly into the burning chamber, acting as a blower and making for a hotter fire and a more complete combustion. The turbine is a little noisy though. I'm in for 1.

That's really neat if it ever happens. Hope it doesn't go the way of that Oregon Wind company that stopped updating its website two years ago. Also hope it doesn't end up rotting in the basement with my LiIon powered scooters that can't go uphill or run in the rain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top