JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know what, when I first moved here I was 14 and everyone up here said Pop. My grandpa in Yacolt said pop and I thought it was a yacolt thing. I moved to salmon creek and even the kids at my high school said pop.
Oh yeah. I should've added pop to the list. It was always Coke for us, even at restaurants. Then the waiter would ask you what kind. Never heard anything different until I was in my 20's. "I'll have a coke", "What kind?", "Pepsi" never sounded the least bit strange

9C55AB78-BBA2-4813-9EC5-5491D9749FAB.jpeg

Its weird because we've always said soda growing up, but my family is from Oklahoma.
I grew up in Tulsa, college in Missouri, then Florida, Alabama, and North Carolina. Moved here from Oklahoma City. That map is 100% my reality. And now I can brag about how green I am. My Prius neighbors will be happy to hear it.

Funny, but I grew up near Albany and Crawdads and Pop was what they were called! Didn't even know the term SODA until I got stationed on the east coast, I always assumed SODA was some fancy schmancy fufu drink you got at those high falootin city places!

spent my whole life here in the willamette valley, 55 years , my family was and is very outdoors, was drinking pop and catching crawdads since a very young age. And thats what all locals called them , then, now and will continue to in the future. no need to be politically correct for me !
It's only politically incorrect if you call them by the wrong gender. Crawmommy?

Side note, love your username. Have a '76 Bronco myself

BTW, today I happened to see some Crawfish on sale for $5.99 a pound. Ranch 99 in Beaverton. OR.

Aloha, Mark

PS....don't bother going if you refuse to wear a mask while at the store.

IMG-5727.jpg

Or 'Gumster' as 'Godmanchester......' Oh the pain..........................................................:eek:

I remember my Aussie wife laughing when I first pronounce Melbourne (Australia) as "Mel-Born" instead of "Mel-bun".... to which I replied, "fine, then is it Ozzy 'Oz-born' or 'Oz-bun'?"

I got the 'ol... o_O and a very Aussie pronounced, "oh, shut up!"

I knew right then & there that she was my soulmate! ;)

Americans tend wrestle with pronouncing "Worcestershire" as well.... :s0140:

Yes, crayfish in the PNW.

They are plentiful. And delicious. Anytime I go fishing I throw a trap in or just grab em out of the stream.
I like to boil them, but, if they're big enough, I crack the tail off, peel the shell and roast it over the fire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top