JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

"After a short potty break, an Oregon State Police officer reportedly forgot her gun in the restroom. The officer, still on duty, set down the holstered semiautomatic black,Glock Model 22 while using the restroom at Portland's Legacy Emanuel Medical Center on Wednesday. The officer was at the hospital investigating a case.

The officer reportedly left the unisex bathroom, located in the hospitals ICU, and didn't immediately realize the gun was missing. When she went back the gun was not there.

According to Lt. Greg Hastings, the gun has been reported as lost or stolen in Oregon's Law Enforcement Data System.

Hastings told OregonLive that it is extremely rare for an officer to lose a weapon. "These things are part of our bodies when we are working," he said.

The officers name has not been released."

Hopefully they recover the gun and n one gets hurt, but I would not want to be her...

Have they ever found the Seattle police chiefs gun that was stolen from his supposedly locked car while he was at dinner with his wife?

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

not the worst I have heard, there is a story I heard about an officer, when faced with the problem of what to do with their Glock while doing their business, they thought that hanging it by the trigger guard on the coat hook seemed like the perfect solution. Well the hung it here and managed to pull the trigger and it proceeded to bump fire until empty. Seems like the kind of story that needs a mythbusters to prove it, but it sure would be an eye opener if it did happen.

BTW I am a Glock owner, so this is not a slam against Glocks, just a stupid gun owner.

A few years back one of my friends left his G23 on top of his car while working on it before forgetting about it and driving off. He never found it. I have yet to stop heckling him about it. regardless of where you carry your weapon, be it in a full LEO belt or concealed holster, there is no excuse for leaving your weapon unattended. period.

A friend of mine walking in the common area of his apartment complex found a whole Sam Browne rig sitting on a table in the poolhouse - nobody around. So he sat down at the table and waited until a uniformed San Jose cop strolled back in. He asks the cop, "Isn't this irresponsible? Lots of kids walk through here." According to him, the cop stared him down with rage in his eyes, picked up his gear and left without a word.

My friend said that if the cop had said, "Gosh, I really f'ed up - you're right," then that would've been the end of it. But he didn't, so it wasn't. My friend called it in to the SJPD, and the cop got a couple days off without pay.

Then there's this classic pic from Seattle:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-P35NFapqG...vE/2CW__8AZIAU/s1600/rifle-spd-car-062811.jpg

A few years back one of my friends left his G23 on top of his car while working on it before forgetting about it and driving off. He never found it. I have yet to stop heckling him about it. regardless of where you carry your weapon, be it in a full LEO belt or concealed holster, there is no excuse for leaving your weapon unattended. period.

I knew a guy who forgot his glock 30 on top of his car, tucked under the sunroof wind visor.
It didnt fly off until he was on the freeway. The glock bounced and lodged itself into the windshield of the car behind him.
It broke off the front sight and the gun had some nifty road rash, but it still worked flawlessly.

I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was, but since he was all legal it was just an insurance issue.

Obviously you can't shoot a Glock.Hands too small?
I'm sorry
Glocks are the easiest gun to shoot accurately.
Just sayin
Seriously? Wow, just because you have "BIG hands" you can shoot a Glock accuratley? Stay under your rock. This post is not a pissing match, it's about a cop that didn't palce there firearm in a secure place while they pissed. Did you really not get that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top