Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crappy day for a LEO

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by jgeist, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jgeist

jgeist Oregon Active Member

Potty larceny: Cop loses gun in restroom - National Strange News | Examiner.com

"After a short potty break, an Oregon State Police officer reportedly forgot her gun in the restroom. The officer, still on duty, set down the holstered semiautomatic black,Glock Model 22 while using the restroom at Portland’s Legacy Emanuel Medical Center on Wednesday. The officer was at the hospital investigating a case.

The officer reportedly left the unisex bathroom, located in the hospitals ICU, and didn’t immediately realize the gun was missing. When she went back the gun was not there.

According to Lt. Greg Hastings, the gun has been reported as lost or stolen in Oregon's Law Enforcement Data System.

Hastings told OregonLive that it is extremely rare for an officer to lose a weapon. "These things are part of our bodies when we are working," he said.

The officers name has not been released."

Hopefully they recover the gun and n one gets hurt, but I would not want to be her...

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

In another article I read it said she was a Detective, which is in sme ways worse...

Greg

3. jgeist

It makes sense otherwise she would have had a full LEO belt on and I think that "was" may be the case.

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Well it was a Glock maybe she just thought she missed the bowl?

PaulZ, rupey7, bikejunkie and 5 others like this.
  5. B-Towner

B-Towner Western Washington Member

Hey now...

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:That would be some serious constipation.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Could you imagine the uproar if it was a CHL holder losing their weapon?

robertg, Rascals, Gunner3456 and 5 others like this.
  8. jgeist

Goes to show you, some crap comes back to bite you in the Arse....

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Have they ever found the Seattle police chiefs gun that was stolen from his supposedly locked car while he was at dinner with his wife?

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Obviously you can't shoot a Glock.Hands too small?
    I'm sorry
    Glocks are the easiest gun to shoot accurately.
    Just sayin

11. addiction

addiction Monroe Wa Active Member

not the worst I have heard, there is a story I heard about an officer, when faced with the problem of what to do with their Glock while doing their business, they thought that hanging it by the trigger guard on the coat hook seemed like the perfect solution. Well the hung it here and managed to pull the trigger and it proceeded to bump fire until empty. Seems like the kind of story that needs a mythbusters to prove it, but it sure would be an eye opener if it did happen.

BTW I am a Glock owner, so this is not a slam against Glocks, just a stupid gun owner.

12. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Yep I noticed that a little kid was able to shoot his mommy with one, first try too!

oasis618 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Whatsa Matter? Little PMS this month??
    Try Midol, I hear it really works

14. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Here that and Deen did not even notice what that kitty called him. mjbskwim FAUQUE as well punta.

15. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

A few years back one of my friends left his G23 on top of his car while working on it before forgetting about it and driving off. He never found it. I have yet to stop heckling him about it. regardless of where you carry your weapon, be it in a full LEO belt or concealed holster, there is no excuse for leaving your weapon unattended. period.

16. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

A friend of mine walking in the common area of his apartment complex found a whole Sam Browne rig sitting on a table in the poolhouse - nobody around. So he sat down at the table and waited until a uniformed San Jose cop strolled back in. He asks the cop, "Isn't this irresponsible? Lots of kids walk through here." According to him, the cop stared him down with rage in his eyes, picked up his gear and left without a word.

My friend said that if the cop had said, "Gosh, I really f'ed up - you're right," then that would've been the end of it. But he didn't, so it wasn't. My friend called it in to the SJPD, and the cop got a couple days off without pay.

Then there's this classic pic from Seattle:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-P35NFapqG...vE/2CW__8AZIAU/s1600/rifle-spd-car-062811.jpg

17. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

Nope.

18. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who forgot his glock 30 on top of his car, tucked under the sunroof wind visor.
    It didnt fly off until he was on the freeway. The glock bounced and lodged itself into the windshield of the car behind him.
    It broke off the front sight and the gun had some nifty road rash, but it still worked flawlessly.

I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was, but since he was all legal it was just an insurance issue.

19. Rich7944

Rich7944 Kent, Wa. Active Member

Seriously? Wow, just because you have "BIG hands" you can shoot a Glock accuratley? Stay under your rock. This post is not a pissing match, it's about a cop that didn't palce there firearm in a secure place while they pissed. Did you really not get that?

20. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I bet the union will get her a raise.....:what:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk