JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a Taser on CL and am 100% sure he was a tweaker - but heck the price was right and I got it out of his hands.

I also got a Mav 88 on there from a divorced lady for $50.

Buyer beware

I learned about this site from a member who bought a gun I advertised on Craigslist.

I dont even bother looking on Craigslist any more. I had two decent transactions there, but there was another time when some guy had an "SKS that takes AK mags" for sale for $350 which is a "too good to be true" price. I called him, and he sounded like a tweaker. He didnt know anything about guns, and he was clear up in SE Portland. I wanted the gun real bad, but he was setting off my BS meter something fierce and I decided to pass on the deal.

Its pretty easy to sell "off-brand" guns without getting flagged, if you word the ad properly. I had an ad for a Kel-Tec that stayed up for 3 days. If it says "Glock", "AK-47", "Smith and Wesson" or "Winchester" its going to get pulled quick, but most of the flaggers have never even heard of stuff like "Bersa" or "Saiga".

I've recommended local gun forums to CL firearm sellers in the past but don't do it anymore. I figure if they are not gun savvy enough to know someone that knows about this or other local forums they are probably not "gun guys" and are probably just dumping something they picked up in a theft, received in exchange for drugs or sex or bought to sell for a profit. Yeah, the last gun I saw on Eugene's CL was a DPMS Sportical 5.56 for $1600, never fired. This was awhile ago at the height of the Obama gun scare. I guess the same guys buying all the PS3s and asking for double the money had to do something when that market gave up.

I have brought in new members from CL gun listings. A few have stuck around and been good members. I found NWFA through a sale started on CL. So it dose work. I do agree that it seems like the more one hitters we get the uglier the the For Sale Forum gets. I have spent hours emailing new members instructions on closing their threads. It's become a pet project of mine. That would be a good topic for another thread.

The cool part about Craigslist is that folks are trying to sell their guns quickly. They are worried about getting flagged and want it sold. I think it's that they just don't know any other venues for getting rid of their firearms. I have to admit that if I'm interested in the firearm, I don't tell them about NWFA right away!:s0131: If it's something I know I won't buy and I see the seller getting flagged...I try to send them an email or even give them a call if their numbers are listed. I tell them about the site. I don't know if any of them have checked it out or not. I think we all benefit from additional (quality) members though. It means more guns and more buyers!

Has anyone thought of the fact that Craigslist is one of the biggest sites for "fencing" stolen goods? I am an insurance adjuster, and can't tell you how many times I have dealt with a burglary claim, and told the people to check craigslist, pawnshops, and E-bay for the items stolen, especially if they are unique, or specialized. You know what happens.....these items seem to pop up there!!!!

I am not sure I would want random craigslist people posting in the classified sections, what if someone bought a stolen gun? That would pretty much suck:s0131:

What section are they advertised under? I've never seen any.

i have had many good sales on CL--but as i always prefer--any gun deals to be done in a public place in daylight hours,and my home is not a public place !odd though -i'v had 8-9 tradeouts on NWFA , and the people i'v met have been awesome--meet up with them a couple more times -maybe do a little shooting together--next thing ya know your eating barbequed chicken at someones house--i find in life --there really arn't any strangers out their,just people i'v not met yet
TOO TRUE! Man, I've only been on here, like, 3 months and I've made 3 'real life' good friends. And I did my 1st sale through the board here today, and though it was at my house, with somebody from the board I'd never before met, the guy just seemed totally alright... his posts are smart and well stated, has a CHL, volunteers for the VA, polite, etc. I guess it all comes down to a person's 'vibe'... (though the other gun sales I've done (outside of the board) have been daylight, public, etc.) And I know that the guy tonight wasn't offended or worried that I was obviously packin' when he came over :s0114: So that was a plus.
Plus he gave me the wheres and whos to call about volunteering at the VA, and was buying the gun as a Christmas gift for his Dad! *everybody say Awwwwwww....*

CL has been an enormous time-waster for me when selling anything at all...soooo many no-shows... and I suspect (but can't prove) that the last thing I bought through CL over 2 years ago led to our house being burgled shortly thereafter. MY FAULT for having a guy over that ended up seeming sketchy, though he had the an original receipt of the stuff I bought... I shoulda backed out when I felt a twinge... meh. Live and learn... I've learned!

I like our little family here, and I think any of the 'real' gun enthusiasts that would migrate over here from CL would probably be positive additions.... like the mods said, zey haff weyz ov weedink out ze dead weight...

I used to when ever i saw a CL gun post i would send them here but l also don't do that any more. I think I have seen a few come here and stink up the place usually post a gun and then start complaining about how this board infringes on there first amendment rights cause cussing and posting nudie pictures here is not allowed , as if there are not plenty of websites to do that at. Morons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top