JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week, a guy posted an ad that he was selling a 10/22 Ruger, along with a bunch of other camping gear on the Portland Craigslist.
I saw the ad after the weekend of the sale and figured that it must have been sold that weekend in the garage sale. But, what the heck, I e-mailed him and asked if it was still around.
He responded within minutes and said it was still for sale, because he forgot to drag it out of the closet and put it on a table.
I drove over to SW Portland and picked it up that afternoon.
Come to find out it's a 1967 carbine (4th year made) with a walnut stock, a great scope and it's in really nice shape. I really like the see thru scope mounts.
After cleaning the action, it looks like only a couple of hundred rounds at best were run through it.
Not bad shape for a 47 year old rifle.
ruger 10-22 002.JPG

Last week, a guy posted an ad that he was selling a 10/22 Ruger, along with a bunch of other camping gear on the Portland Craigslist.
I saw the ad after the weekend of the sale and figured that it must have been sold that weekend in the garage sale. But, what the heck, I e-mailed him and asked if it was still around.
He responded within minutes and said it was still for sale, because he forgot to drag it out of the closet and put it on a table.
I drove over to SW Portland and picked it up that afternoon.
Come to find out it's a 1967 carbine (4th year made) with a walnut stock, a great scope and it's in really nice shape. I really like the see thru scope mounts.
After cleaning the action, it looks like only a couple of hundred rounds at best were run through it.
Not bad shape for a 47 year old rifle.
View attachment 97832

Score! I've been keeping my eye out for an older 10/22 in good condition. For a long time now...

I love it when I see guns for sale on Craigslist. Reminds me that freedom loving Americans are still exercising their 1st and 2nd amendment rights and shoving it in the face of a web site with an ultra liberal CEO. Once saw an ad on there for and "Elk & Deer Harvester". Knew immediately what it was.

Every now and then you see a gun for sale there, some appear to be good deals....others 'Scary' at times.
The site does have a bunch of Trolls that have nothing to do but flag posts.
Nice 10/22 you picked up...that green chair sure looks familiar.

I love it when I see guns for sale on Craigslist. Reminds me that freedom loving Americans are still exercising their 1st and 2nd amendment rights and shoving it in the face of a web site with an ultra liberal CEO. Once saw an ad on there for and "Elk & Deer Harvester". Knew immediately what it was.
Isnt "Craigs list" private property - as private property owner they have a right to determine the business they want and that which they dont. As any business does that works within the law. In short what I am hearing is that you feel your rights to trample on others rights is ok and that thier rights are secondary to yours. If they choose not to sell guns on their site that is there right. I dont agree with them but then again I dont force Safeway or other stores / businesses to sell firearms agaisnt thier wishes. I simply support those businesses that support what I feel to be important.

Gentlemen
the colloquial term for firearms on CL is
"Things that go Bang" & to a lesser degree "Things that go Boom"
put that in your search and you will find many posts of things up for trade involving guns....it goes both ways , trade things that go bang for XYZ, but usually more items are listed that the poster is willing to trade for guns

one of those things you just need to watch on a regular basis.....set the search terms......go to the page....now save that page in your favourites and click it once a day before you come here

I posted a unwanted bike for trade on craigslist a little while back and someone offered me a nice 30-06 in exchange with 2 spare mags. Was not in the market for one but it had a lot more appeal than the bike that cost me 100 bucks a few years back and sat in my storage shed. This one also came with ammo. 40 rounds of high quality and then a bunch of cheap stuff. The ammo alone was worth more than my bike and the Semi auto Remington is an older model but flawless with the sling and ammo carrier on the butt. Wood had one scratch on the front by the trigger. I took care of that though.

Have no idea of the guns value but it is at least going to be useful in any long range situation.

rem 1.jpg rem4.jpg

rem 1.jpg

rem4.jpg

Last Edited:
A guy on CL was looking to trade some firearms that he inherited for a sleigh bed.
I e-mailed him that the odds of some guy waking up that morning and saying to his wife,
"Gee honey, I sure would like to get rid of this sleigh bed for a couple of guns" was slim to none and that I would offer him cash, and then he could buy a sleigh bed.
Three weeks later, he called me to say that he was tired of his ad being flagged and would I like to buy Gramps old guns.
There was a Remington 722 in .257 Roberts, a Spanish made Star .22 lr pistol and a Ruger Bearcat, plus a bunch of ammo.
His asking price was a new water pump for his wife's 99 Honda Accord and some help installing it.

A guy on CL was looking to trade some firearms that he inherited for a sleigh bed.
I e-mailed him that the odds of some guy waking up that morning and saying to his wife,
"Gee honey, I sure would like to get rid of this sleigh bed for a couple of guns" was slim to none and that I would offer him cash, and then he could buy a sleigh bed.
Three weeks later, he called me to say that he was tired of his ad being flagged and would I like to buy Gramps old guns.
There was a Remington 722 in .257 Roberts, a Spanish made Star .22 lr pistol and a Ruger Bearcat, plus a bunch of ammo.
His asking price was a new water pump for his wife's 99 Honda Accord and some help installing it.

I would not mind paying that.

Gentlemen
the colloquial term for firearms on CL is
"Things that go Bang" & to a lesser degree "Things that go Boom"
put that in your search and you will find many posts of things up for trade involving guns....it goes both ways , trade things that go bang for XYZ, but usually more items are listed that the poster is willing to trade for guns

one of those things you just need to watch on a regular basis.....set the search terms......go to the page....now save that page in your favourites and click it once a day before you come here
Yes - if they want trades for their non-gun item, they can get away with that, but listing a gun or ammo itself for sale just doesn't work when you say "I have this thing that goes boom - wanna buy it?"

Yes - if they want trades for their non-gun item, they can get away with that, but listing a gun or ammo itself for sale just doesn't work when you say "I have this thing that goes boom - wanna buy it?"

Yeah I prefer not to advertise a gun anywhere but here for the most part. Craigslist folks can be iffy and at least here I know someone is much more likely to be a legit buyer. Plus it is against their policy and I am not interested in not being able to sell other items there when this place is around.

Posting a firearm for sale ad on CL is like asking a women for a date.
You don't start by saying "Do you want to have sex with me."
You start by posting an ad stating that you have sporting goods with accessories for sale, as in, "Can I call you some time."
Then after a day or so, you elaborate a bit "would you like to come to my place for a drink" which translates to
Ruger 10/22 with extra's.
By then the ad is way down the newly posted list and only pops up when you type in the search bar (Ruger, 10/22, ammo) etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top